No announcement yet.

Nita's New Internal Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just thinking, Nita was thinking how the senior's managed the amount of information etc required of them. Maybe this Peridexis is how seniors manage? I think Nita is getting ready for an Upgrade? I know I would like to see Tom and Carl promoted!!

And as I said before, would Wizardary like the Powers need to enbody someone every now and again??
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

That would make a lot of sense, the Seniors using the Peridexis for their actual wizardry - and it would be similar to the way Dairine uses Spot, in a way. We've seen Dairine have Spot hold spell diagrams for her so she doesn't have to waste precious memory keeping track of them, needing that memory for other high-priority tasks. The seniors could have the Peridexis as a more active version of the manual, and have their regular manuals as reference in the case of complex multi-wizard spellings (such as the forging of the spear Luin in AWAB).

Tom and Carl for Planetaries!!!
      Vote Tom and Carl for new Planetaries!

Comment

Peredexis: Rocks. Yes, I agree, it's like Spot or any different sort of manual... but this is special. It's like the being of wizardry. Wait, scratch that. it IS the being of wizardry! If that makes any sort of sense. I really like that touch, though. Nita seems to be gowing from plants to all mental things. Like first the lucid dreaming and then the peredexis. Is this (the peredexis) a sort of being, like Ronan's Power? And how long is this peredexis going to inhabit Nita?
        (Oh yes, on a bit of a gushier note, I've named my laptop "Peredexis." I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself.)
        Finally, are there any forums for the Talwalf (sp?) scene on here? I'd love to throw in my two cents. Or a nickel. Or a dime. As long as I don't get it on anyone's living room floor, I'm good!
        When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I absolutely have to express my complete and undying love for your avatar, Alethia - as well as your name. His Dark Materials Go go Lyra! You do that alethiometer thing! LOL
          Vote Tom and Carl for new Planetaries!

Comment

Thank you, and Dai stitho!
            I actually belong to an HDM website for... wait... I have a feeling that I'm going to get into trouble if I put up and linkages... *Shifty eyes*
            Err... anyways, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Alethia:
              Nita seems to be gowing from plants to all mental things. Like first the lucid dreaming and then the peredexis.
              Rereading Wizard's Holiday, I noticed that one of Nita's dreams in that is of Ponch/One defeating the Pullulus. It was hard to recognise the first time I read it .
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Okay, that too. So the list is lucid dreaming, future dreaming, and the peredexis. 'S crowded in there, I'd imagine.

Comment

I hope the peridexis remains. i think it would be really cool to have nita have the manual in her mind, though i doubt she'll get to keep the extra power boost.
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

3)In W@W, the Peridexis identifies itself as wizardry itself
                    No, it says specifically its not wizardry. wizardry it says, requires the third part: a wizard. It is just the speech and the power, the first to parts needed to create that whole called :wizardry (in this series at least.)
                    There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Working...
                    X