The Sunstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sunstone

Okay is it just me or is no one focusing in on the importance of the sunstone changing its orientation. The sunstone has been tuned to Wellakh's sun for millenia and then all of the sudden it has changed to Earth's sun isn't that a little strange and most likely very significant. See I think that Roshaun since he isn't dead he's gone somewhere but the question is where. Most likely it is the sun so I am saying that the reason the sunstone changed color is a hint as to what happened to Roshaun and that Roshaun is somehow imprisoned in the sun, powerless and yet safe. I mean he did "die" channeling the sun's power it makes since.

If Color Guard were any easier it would be called Drill Team.

"Aye! Avast!"
    -Will Turner, POTC:Curse of the Black Pearl

Okay people 11 views no post please reply I want to here your thoughts.

"Aye! Avast!"

Comment

Hm. People may not be posting because this subject is discussed and may continue to be discussed in the Looking For What is Lost topic. Just a thought. I'm sure you'll be able to get some opinions there, though I know there's a lot to read through.

I do know what you mean, though: the sunstone's color change is most likely important. Of course, you could also take it changing color to mean that the heir to Wellakh is truly dead, and he has passed his power on to Dairine and this transition--because Dairine is of another world--is what caused the change. This is what Roshaun's parents seem to think, at least. But to be honest, I don't really think that, because I have a lot of trouble believing that he is stone-dead.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I know what you mean by not being able to believe he's dead, I mean he wasn't in Timeheart. No I think it has some other significance and we are just not gonna find out unless DD feels the need to tell us. And thanks for the advice but I still hope people will post.

"Aye! Avast!"

Comment

Hee hee. Stone- dead. :-)
          When I read the color-transition part, I automatically thought of Roshaun being truly, completely dead. Plus, his parents thought so.
          But basically, ja, I thought that the sunstone changing meant that it was being passed on. Permanently.
          When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

It's possible. Even likely. It can also be that ronan put so much power into taking energy from her sun, it changed te sunstones orientation. either one is possible. Either way, i think roshaun is still alive.
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Well, I like the idea of Roshaun being imprisoned in the Sun, but...
              What if that means this is lyk his new solar system? You know, because of Dairine? It was the color of Wellakh's sun, his home, and is now the Earth's sun, so mebbe his newhome? Eh? Eh? RESPOND! Or I'll go crazier w/ my speculations.
              I LOVE RONAN!!!!!!!
              And I'm Carmela's evil twin. :happymad: mwahaha.
              You stay away from my cookies, candy, and any other sugary products, and we're good. :winkthumb: If not, well, then: :hoppingmad: You go byebye.
              'Nuff said. :)

Comment

I think that Roshaun is still alive but that the stone changing colors just meant it was being passed on. I don't think it has to do with where Roshaun is now curently located.

Comment

Originally posted by Alethia:
                  I thought that the sunstone changing meant that it was being passed on. Permanently.
                  it's possible.. but what if roshaun didn't die?? i mean, the sunstone wouldn't be passed on to some 'outsider' of the planet right?? so, i think the sunstone's changing colors mean the passing on - but only until the 'more qualified?' returns.... n dairine has to return the sunstone to him unless he refuses

Comment

Well, now that I've re-read WaW, I'm remembering some things. Remember how it changed colors when Roshaun was talking to his father? It went all clear, and then returned to normal? If that signaled a passing-on then, it could easily just have been the same, here, until Roshaun can return.

Comment

Come to think of it... why was Roshaun so surprised to hear Dairine tell him that she saw the stone change colors when Roshaun was talking to his dad? I thought the stone changing colors at that moment had something to do with his anger or something, but I am probably mistaken. What threw me off was Roshaun's reaction to Dairine's words. Maybe I missed something, but we don't know for sure the meaning of every time that stone changes colors, right?

Comment

That's true, we don't know for sure...? I also thought that it was something to do with his anger, but then I thought about it more after the end and decided it probably had something to do with the exchange of power between Roshaun and his father, and that's why Roshaun was suprised.

Comment

Hmm... but the stone turned clear that first time, right? Wouldn't the exchange of power keep it the same color since the stone is still going to be in the same solar system?

Comment

Erm... I don't really agree with you there. If the exchange of power would keep the stone the same colour, then what's the meaning of it changing colours?? The stone would have to change its colours so that people and the person involved would know about the power thing.. at least more obviously.

Come to think of it, I think the stone's way of changing colours depend not on location, but on the person's "aura" instead. For example, everyone is unique in some ways, so they each have different "auras". The stone then changes colour according to it....

PS: I don't know if I used the correct word.. Correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

I think it has more to do with that person's sun- like the stone, when it was being passed (?) on to Dairine turned the same color as the Earth's sun.
                              Applefish- After the stone turned clear, it resumed its normal coloring. Like a face will pale but then return to its normal color later.

Comment

Working...
                              X