Did anyone else cry over this book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else cry over this book?

So I know that people other than me, also shed a few tears over SYWTBAW, Deep Wizardry, The Wizard's Dilemma. Did anyone else cry over WAW? I'm talking specifically about the scene on the Moon when everyone's making a last-ditch effort to stop the Pullullus, all the wizards are trying and Nguyet dies (I think-- I was never clear about that) and Roshaun disappears, and finally Kit realizes that they're all going to go down, and he tells Ponch to leave him and protect his family. At that point when Ponch stops halfway through a transit and just sits down in the dust of the Moon and howls, that was it for me.

...I feel dumb now. Did anyone else feel that sad??

-LifeSong

heart wrenched!

Such a moving scene, I, personally, was in tears in my bed reading at midnight. So touching about Kit and Ponch. Plus, Roshaun and Dair just need to happed I love them and their relationship how it matured sooo much and hope it comes back! This is my favoutire series and I get soo involved mentally and emotionally I felt as if I were there with them and the situation was devastating! My sister and I actually obsessed over Mars and the book for a good month or two. I have a permanent phase of book addiction- and love admitting it ?

(you're not alone, I cry about books all the time. Including the deaths of Fred, the Lotus, Nita's mother, Ed, Peach, Roshaun and Ponch..and whoever else i can't recall.. (not death for those last 3 but you know)

Comment

I know I did! When Ponch disappeared I cried....it probably didn't help that it was late at night, and I was already tired, though! When Nita's mom died it really upset me too. Among others. I cry all the time when I read books. The strange thing is that I don't cry as often during movies. Not to say that I don't cry...it just doesn't affect me as strongly.
      All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

I didn't cry, but I came close to tears with Ponch on the Moon. It was so sad from the point when Ponch yelped after Roshaun disappears until the part when Kit says his final goodbye.

As for Nguyet, I didn't picture her dying. They both were just very spent and would have been out of it for a while, kind of like Dairine after she got the star steel in AWA. She collapsed afterwards but just needed some rest.

Bob

Comment

I don't think Nguyet died, just collapsed - but I did have a lump in my throat when Ponch left.
          Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Working...
          X