Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible for nita to lose her wizardry now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible for nita to lose her wizardry now?

I was just wondering, would it be possible for her to lose it now? With her new invisible friend it seems like that would be unlikely. In W@W the peridexis was described as being in some ways the soul of a spell, or a sentient version of what goes into the wizardry, including their new power jump. If the soul of spells, of wizardry, decided to stick with her... would it be able to restore her powers, if they to be taken from her?
    There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Well, now I can't say for certain, but it seems like just because the peridexis chose her to speak to, doesn't mean that she couldn't still "lose" her wizardry. I say it in quotes because I am wondering in what sense you mean she would lose it. Like, if she chose to give it up, "the unwilling heart" and all, or more like the bargain the Lone Power tried to make with her in WD? I feel that if she chose to gave it up, or if it was in any way voluntary then the peridexis would have no authority to force, or help, her to keep her wizardry.
    And if she gave it up, I don't see that she would still be able to talk to the peridexis. It is the essence of a spell, or wizardry, and it was only the fact that she had the wizardry (and was maybe a little bit special... I mean, there are tons of wizards who it could have chosen. Obviously Nita was chosen for a reason. But, I digress...) that allowed the peridexis to communicate with her at all.
    But whether it could restore Nita's wizardry? Now that is a good question, but I am more inclined to say no to this as well, though I could be wrong. The peridexis is the essence of wizardry, but based on the description of it, it seemed to me like it is only a part of wizardry, and some more factors than just itself would need to come into play. On the other hand, if the peridexis is more, then maybe it does have the authority and power to restore Nita's wizardry to her, although I believe the manner in which she lost it would have some impact on how successful that would be.

This is an interesting concept, and I look forward to hearing others' opinions. This was just my first impression, so maybe it will change once I go over the book and hear some more theories.
    Last edited by illiriam; April 28, 2009, 10:37:49 PM. Reason: clumsy fingers

Comment

Well i was thinking more like taking a deal from LP, or some form of involuntary loss of wizardry.

Really i don't think that the peridexis would be able to talk to an unwilling heart, even if it somehow could to non wizards. Humans can't talk to people who wont listen so i dont see why the peridexis would have any better luck.
      Last edited by zilvox; April 29, 2009, 04:15:35 PM.
      There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Well, even if she took a deal with the Lone Power that would be voluntary. Nita was willingly giving up her wizardry in order to save her mom. Nothing really involuntary about that.
        I don't think that it can really force you to take the deal... maybe put you in a situation where your only way out alive was to take said deal, but it would still be the personal choice of the wizard. I can't think of any way to involuntarily lose wizardry. Maybe, maybe if a wizard got overshadowed, then their wizardry could be lost to prevent the LP from using it or the wizard for its own means.
        Maybe if you could identify a way that a wizard would lose their wizardry where they didn't make a deal, or let it go voluntarily I could give a better response, because now I think I am just confused as to what you are asking.

Well people talk to me all the time when I don't want them to; just because I choose not to "listen" doesn't mean that I don't hear them. But I don't think it would really be the unwilling heart part that would pose the problem, or maybe only indirectly, as it would be the cause of the loss of wizardry, which I see as the bigger problem to the peridexis interacting in any way with someone (i.e. non-wizard, or former wizard).

Hopefully you understand what I mean. I am just trying to better understand what you are asking so that I can better formulate an answer. I though I understood but it seems I might have been slightly mistaken.

Comment

Working...
        X