No announcement yet.

Ponch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I would have liked to know a little more about the <span class="ev_code_WHITE">new choice he made! I mean Thats What happened he made a new choice for dogs!</span> Also the bit at the end where that dog talks to kit! I cant remember did the book say it was a stray? If thats the case is this the new dog for Kit?
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

And he came back as a sheepdog! hahah, that's how I pictured him in the first and second books...
      Agent M, that's funny, I always thought of him as a sheepdog too, especially earlier in the series. Even when he was discribed in more detail, I had a hard time getting that sheepdog out of my head.

Fox, I'm not sure. The end of the books in this series seem to get so confusing. I like the idea of a little bit of Ponch being inside every dog.
      "Go ahead! Panic! Do it now to avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!"

Comment

Originally posted by philosopherkat:
        The part where Kit was holding the leash with tears running down his face waiting for Ponch to come bounding outside and realizing he won't . . . I had a massive lump in my throat.
        I actually CRIED. I am such a sap. But I love how Ponch came back. I originally pictured Ponch as a sheepdog.
        Skye

Comment

It was a bit confusing towards the end was'ant it!And is that dog that cmae up to kit at the end going to be his new dog? Ponch in all the dogs would be very werid, kind of freaky I think.

Your right Skye it was lovly that he could talk to Kit, I thought along these lines. Nita got to see her mum and say goodbye in Time heart and so Kit has also now had the chance to say goodbye but because Ponch is not dead it could not be done in Timeheart. It was a lovly scene even if the details are confusing of and the Dar scene was well confusing even though I get the drift!
          Fox

Comment

I was really sad when Ponch died, but I was kind of expecting someone to step in and save the day on the moon. Ponch was the only person (well, dog) left for that, but I didn't think he would actually be one of the Powers That Be!
            It's kinda neat that Ponch'll be in every dog, but it still wouldn't be the same. I wonder if we'll see more of him in the upcoming books.

quote:
            M:
            . heehhe, spell dog backwards..

OH!!! How slow can I get? XD I was like, "huh, Ponch doesn't spell anything backwards! Hcnop???" But if you add an S, you have all of the atoms that are important for organisms (my bio test has all this stuff you never needed to know stuck in my head). CHOPNS! And then with a few trace guys stuck in there.

I think DD had a lot of fun with this. XD Sadly, cat only spells tac backwards. Gip. Woc. Ersoh. Drib.
            Gryphon, I was laughing so hard at that! We're just doing CHON in bio now, too.

sker'
            Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

That last comment about blue food... I couldn't hold it in after that. Had to leave the room I was in and finish up the book alone.
              ---
              seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

I recall reading something like, "Now the dogs have their own version of the One", or something like that, so I was thinking along the lines that he _is_ the One. *shrug*

I was sobbing through the whole part of Kit putting away Ponch's bowls and all that...see what comes about when I'm reading around 2:30 in the morning?

Hm...is there going to be another Finder that teams up with Kit? 'Cause without Ponch, so many things that Kit and Nita did wouldn't have been possible.
                <3
                the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Just a quick thought as Im only on for a few mins, arn't dogs colour blind? so our blue would look like what to a dog?
                  Fox

Comment

Ahhhh! I can't believe what happened in this book! Ponch was sooo unexpected! I knew he was something important, but I didn't have time to sit and think about what it could be. It was sooooo sad!! I almost cried, but decided against it since that, to me, is not quite right. ponch was sooo loyal and all.
                    I'm a happy person. Do you know why? Because happiness is an excuse everyone understands. Life is full of surprises, but happy people takes them in stride.

Comment

Yeah, by the ending I was crying over Ponch, but yeah. The Sheepdog is now him I guess. And, as for him and the One. I say he's the dogs' version.
                      Oops

Comment

He wasn't just a power, he was the One! at least the aspect of it for dogs. I guess it does make sense though. I mean, he created universes! and Saved them! what dog does that!
                        And it wasn't so much that he was the sheepdog, that he was inside the sheep dog, and every other dog for that matter. He can embody himself in every dog in the world, he's just choosing to use the sheepdog right now because it doesn't have an owner, at least thatt we know about.
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                        X