Last Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Page

Maybe I'm just unreasonably confused, but I was kind of left in the dark at the very end of the book.

After Kit lets the sheepdog-Ponch go, he turns around to his driveway and sees someone in the driveway. And it says that she was there, almost as if she expected him to be there. Who is SHE? At first I thought it was Nita, but she's in bed dreaming. Then I thought it was Carmela, but that doesn't really make sense.

Does anyone have any brilliant insight into this quagmire of thought?

Sker'ret
    Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

I think the girl at the end was Nita. It was just that, chronologically, the day Kit was seeing the sheepdog was after the night Nita was dreaming. So, yeah, it was Nita. I mean, who else would it be?

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

It's Neets! I mean, who else would he greet like that? He's already done that in other books...
      It always seems to end like that! "Laughing (insert person's name) went to greet him/her." Like Nita and her mom, Kit and Nita... yeah.
      When I am riding, my heart is not in my chest, but between my knees.

Comment

I thought it was Nita. I asked DD in the September Chat:
        Peter Murray DD: I assume that's Nita in the last sentence of WAW?
        Diane Duane PM -- Yes.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

And really, who else knows Kit well enough to know where he's going to be at any given time? Nita is the only answer for that question!

Comment

Tchaa. 'Course. And plus the mental messaging bit of it.

Comment

That line made me smile uncontrollably. Well, smile through my tears.
              ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
              Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
              L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

I just sort of wistfully smiled because I knew that there was at least some happiness, even though Dairine (might have) lost Roshaun...

Comment

I never had any doubt that it was Nita. So much so, that when thinking about it later, I was like, "Didn't it say it was Nita?" and then I looked back and it didn't. But who else could it have been?
                  "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Comment

Yeah, its strange but I sort of read her name into it. It kind of fits, I never actually thought about it till now. *goes to check book*

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Can't find the book! Oh well....

Comment

I agree. It was definately Nita. That was my impression anyways.
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

It was so neets!

I sorta readher name into it, too

Merged two short posts - Peter
                        Ben, the Perkigoth
                        Tall, dark, and drop dead handsome (jk)

Comment

I don't think that it would be that way with anyone BUT Nita. Nita and Kit are like that, and she's the only person who would make sense being there.

Comment

Yep. It hadto be Nita. its works with the dream thing. I still feel kinda sad about Ponch....(random thought)
                            ---------------------------
                            I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

I'm torn. I'm a Nita & Ronan fan, but if that was Nita at the end, that's awfully sweet.

::braintwist::
                              +++ATH0

Comment

Working...
                              X