Roshaun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roshaun

Will he be found? I think that Dair should lose near everything trying to find him, and then not find him. (but that's just my morbid love of tragedy poking through)
    "Darkness always had its part to play. Without it, how would we know when we walked in the light? It's only when its ambitions became too grandiose that it must be opposed, disciplined, sometimes--if necessary--brought down for a time. Then it will

I think because Dairine couldn't find him in that Timeheart-y space he's still around--and he's far too intriguing a character for him to be gone for good!

But that could just be my optimism and love of Roshaun speaking.
    ---
    Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

I don't want him to be dead...that's my love of romance and, you know, HAPPY ENDINGS getting through? I think main charactors are tortured enough in their day to day lives....The least any author can do (Or at least, the least i can do for my charactors) is to let them have a little bit of love every once in a while...Help to make up for all the torment they have to go through.
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Fred Shinkokami, from Abarat, huh?

How many fandoms can you get into one identifier? :-) I recognize Princess Shinkokami from the "Protector of the Small" books, Fred is pretty obvious here, and I have to get around to reading Abarat sometime.

Kizzy: love your sig quote. On my blog a while back, I posted this story:
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

lol.
          "Darkness always had its part to play. Without it, how would we know when we walked in the light? It's only when its ambitions became too grandiose that it must be opposed, disciplined, sometimes--if necessary--brought down for a time. Then it will

Comment

*gasps* One-liner!! Aaaghh! Chatspeak! AAAAAGHH!

Ok, I'm done overreacting now.

Isn't there already a topic for this, anyway? Or not? I can't remember...
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by kk:
              --Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagouni , the white hole
              Wasn't that a little hard to type?

Anyway, I hope Dairine finds Roshaun, but I don't think she will. I think that since she got his sunstone (I think that's what it was called) she has to take his place. Sad, though.

Comment

Ha! Yes, it was a little hard to type, but I wanted to put Fred's whole name. I was having an insane moment...

Plus, I totally love that statement. It's so logical!

I think that Dari'll keep his sunstone until she finds him, and then give it back to him, or they'll use it together.
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I am , refused to belive that he is gone...

I mean! Prince Unlikely gone?
                  and just when he is becomming bearable?
                  “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                  -Groucho Marx

Comment

*laughs dryly* I always love to think the best of authors, but I have to accept that it's possible us fans of him will be disappointed and he'll end up being gone, or something will happen that'll make him have to go.

but I will continue to be the romantic at heart that I am, and think that Dari deserves her happy-ending too. He was just getting bearable, even - gasp! - likable. Besides, I can't imagine such a character with an intriguing past and personality just being gone like that. Or maybe I'm just going through the steps of denial. Isn't the first one denial, then pleading, then anger or something?
                    "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

If he were dead, DD wouldn't have spent all that time establishing that he might not be. He's coming back. The question will be who and what he is when he returns.
                      - - -

"All right, bugger all that," said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
                      -Terry Pratchett

Comment

Now. I know that Dair checked Timehearty...
                        But would he be in her manual? Or is that just for <STRIKE>earth wizards</STRIKE> wizards on her planet...

KizzyShima, "Timeheart-y space"... I am reminded of the Doctor Who episode Blink, when The Doctor says something like... "a big ball of timey-whimey-spacey kind of thingie..." I love David Tennent as The Doctor...
                        “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                        -Groucho Marx

Comment

Daylily: I think the manual is for all wizards... I'm not really sure. I think it might be for wizards _in_ Earth?

I was crushed when I saw that Roshaun disappeared. Just when Dair and Roshaun were getting close!!! Ah, frustrating... Haha.

Doctor Who!! Ah I love David Tennent!
                          Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                          Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                          It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                          Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I agree. Tennent is nearly as good as Tom Baker when it comes to Doctors.
                            And, seriosly, Roshaun is not dead. If he was, wouldn't DD have confirmed it more? Really, Roshaun just disappeered. Thre was no dust, or ashes. If he was dead, DD wouold of well, confirmed it, wouldnt she?
                            -Groucho Marx

Comment

I am one of those optimistic that authors are good types. I think that first, DD would not cause uneccessary pain (though of course I think Roshaun being gone would be unneccessary). Second, DD definately would have made it clear that Roshaun was gone (and not provided the Timeheart thing). Third, Roshaun is an interesting, captivating character - why would she get rid of him when he has so much oportunity?

I am fully convinced that he'll come back or in some way not be totally gone.

Wow Fred, that is a bit morbid and why would you want that to happen? If it was you...
                              "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Working...
                              X