Incredibly Underestimated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredibly Underestimated

I just got off of some book websites and I found that on one of the sites, Wizards at War is #167 on the bestsellers list. I was not expecting it to be that far down but even worse, it was the first sight of Diane Duane on the charts. I am very disappointed that this book has not gotten the kudos it deserves. I know I can not complain because I havnt even bought it yet (I am only on the sixth book). But still, who thinks Diane Duane should be as rich and famous as other authors? I DO!

hmmm...be grate full that it even got on theat list.... *smirks*

Comment

I suspect that DD does .

Did you see that WAW has been nominated for the Mythopoeic Society Award? Supposedly just being nominated for awards helps sales, as people pick up the books on the list from curiosity. Maybe it'll move up the list now.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

She has won a few awards aswell. I think my dad might even be getting interested in the YWS. I showed him the books and he seemed to like it!

Comment

I think the problem with getting books published is they don't really make a big bang about it usually. a new movie comes out, it's all over the tvs. A new book comes out...Unless you're looking at those lists, which aren't good for books that just came out, you just have to hope enough people notice your book and read it....
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I don't know that I've ever considered bestseller lists as the place to find the best books... just the most popular ones. I mean, I'm happy if an author/book I follow manages to hit #1 on the NYT Bestseller list, but generally, it's like a movie's opening weekend: here and gone and that's it.

But bestsellers tend to flash and then disappear. It's like trying to remember what won Best Picture at the Oscars last year. The classics remain, and they sell in deceptively small numbers. The trick is that they KEEP selling at those numbers. The cumulative effect is the thing.

The best test of longevity and quality is: "are all the books in the series still in print?" If they are, then you know that people have found the goodness. That SYWTBAW still sells new in paperback over twenty years after its initial publication?--heck, I'd rather YW had that than any #1 top-selling label.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
            X