About the audiobook...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the audiobook...

It appears, from the youngwizards.com web site, that there is an audio recording already of Wizards at War. Can anyone tell me, however, what it's going to take to get that recording available for download to my iPod? I'd really love to listen to this one. Thanks!
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Hmm... the US iTMS doesn't seem to have W@W yet, but all the others are there (which is a lot more than what I have access to *sigh*). I'm not too sure where else you would look. Have you tried Amazon - or perhaps one of your bookstores (I don't know what you have over there). There's always the library too.

Hope this helps.

Update: Only just remembered this. I guess it just depends on how much you have to spend. Though that item is buying it off DD directly .

I can't find it on Amazon, which I think is rather strange. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right spot. Hmm.. That is, in fact, the only copy that I can see anywhere on the net.

I know its a cassette, but if you have a recording program, a tape deck with an earphone out, and a connector that can go between the earphone out of the tape deck and the mic in of the computer, you can get it onto the computer and then into iTunes - and then onto your iPod. PM might know more about putting tapes onto a computer. I've only done it once, and I lack the patience to do it again - especially for something that long.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have a tape player or adaptor that would work. I'm open to suggestions, though. And if anyone has further news, I'd appreciate it. I've got most of the YW books on my iPod, and I know all but W@W are available. That just made me think the eighth would have to become available on iPod at some point too.

Thanks again for the input!
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I agree. This is the only one I'm missing the audio on too...I finally had to break down and get the hardcover so I could read it...
        Audible.com is the best for Audio books and they have rest of the Young Wizards series, I was really hoping that the audio version would come out soon (Christina Moore is an awesome performer). I would also love for the Feline Wizards series on audio... <hint hint>
        Maybe the Powers That Be will hear us and take pity (and at least give us a release date...).
        Here's hoping.
        Be well.
        May the Gods stand between you and Harm in all the empty places you must walk. – Old Egyptian Blessing

Comment

I havent been able to find the audiobook yet, but the book is good.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I'm not in the habbit of listening to Audio books. It might be worth it I suppose, if you had an ipod but... I don't. LOL

My major problem with audio books is wierd voices reading good books. Are the YW audio books nicely done or what?
            Dai Stihó, cousin.
            "Fairest and Fallen; greetings and defiance."

Comment

I think they're good! I listened to all of the books up until a wizard alone. Christina Moore (the narrator) does a good job on the voices, i think so at least.
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
              X