Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W@W: out of press and soon in the stores

Folks, just a note in passing.

Wizards at War is now starting to ship from the warehouse. Some bookstores may start getting their stock in as early as the first week in September.

US-based readers may want to check with the larger bookstores in your area. The books are not "embargoed" as the HP books are: if a shop gets its stock in early, there's no reason they can't sell it. So ask around.
    -- DD

Also, I'd like to say that a lot of people will rush to get their hands on it as soon as possible. When in chat, please be respectful and don't drop any spoilers unless everyone has read the book too.

For the people who haven't read: you don't have to avoid the chat. Just, when you or anyone else enters, say, "no spoilers."

I don't think I need any reminding for the in-forum posts at all. XD Simple: don't enter a spoiler topic if you haven't read it.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon:
      Also, I'd like to say that a lot of people will rush to get their hands on it as soon as possible. When in chat, please be respectful and don't drop any spoilers unless everyone has read the book too.
      Actually, it might make sense to open a separate chat area which is for W@W "spoiler talk" only. I'll take it up with Lee.
      -- DD

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Duane:
        Folks, just a note in passing.

Wizards at War is now starting to ship from the warehouse. Some bookstores may start getting their stock in as early as the first week in September.

US-based readers may want to check with the larger bookstores in your area.
        Yippee! I wonder how long till my local NZ bookstore can import a copy... *sigh* Every YW release is like a holiday for me. I start reading as soon as I get home and don't stop for anything - phone is turned off, door locked. Then I re-read it to catch any missed nuances and savour the fun reading the story. My only regret is the delight runs out all too soon and I'm left waiting anxiously for another year.

I'm hooked on reading, so I suppose I'm fortunate you manufacture my drug of choice in widely spaced intervals. Otherwise I'd never get anything of lesser importance done (e.g. eating, sleeping, earning a living - unimportant stuff like that).

BTW - how long is W@W compared to earlier titles?
        Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Duane:
          Actually, it might make sense to open a separate chat area which is for W@W "spoiler talk" only. I'll take it up with Lee.
          I like that idea, it's always hard to be a member of a place like this and not read spoilers if you're in chat.

Wizardling: Lol, drug of choice. I have to agree with that. Of course, reading is a bit expensive for me as I like to buy books (my library rarely has the books I want.) According to Amazon, W@W is supposed to be 560 pages, and someone else said that somewhere in one of the other topics, but I forget...I hope it really is 560 pages. I love long books.

Also, I hope my Borders puts it out early. Or I guess I could check the Barnes and Noble, which I've never been in. It's almost right next to the Borders, which makes no sense. Why have 2 gigantic bookstores in the same mall, and no bookstores in my town? How is that fair? Anyway...

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

YAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

WHOO YEAH! YAYAYAYAYAY!

*dances around*

If they get their stock early, they can sell it? w00t!

Oh, right. I live in Canada. Oh well. Maybe we'll get it at the same time, if not earlier.

XD

I visit bookstores a lot. I usually don't buy that many books because I've already read them. But sometimes if they're really good....

Comment

For all you US readers

W@W is ready to be shipped out from Barnes & Noble.com. It's not in the stores yet but is available online only at the moment. I called and they said it should be hitting the shelves within the week!

Not to put a damper on things but I live right next to New York City and things tend to get released a little earlier here than most other places. Still, look around and best of luck.

Comment

W@W?! Here?! ALMOST here?! A week from being here?! YAYYYY!!

Hungry: According to Amazon, W@W is supposed to be 560 pages, and someone else said that somewhere in one of the other topics, but I forget...I hope it really is 560 pages. I love long books.
                Me too. I LOVE long books like Harry Potter. I happen to be a super-extremely-fast reader, so I have to savor each moment of a good book and FORCE myself not to continue reading or else the awesome book will be over... but if the books long, I get to read my heart out! I really do hope it's this long.

I'm gonna check the bookshelves for it the next time I walk to Borders! Maybe I'll walk there right now...

Anyway, I can't wait! *Imitates Gigo and "dances around"*

Qwerty: I visit bookstores a lot. I usually don't buy that many books because I've already read them. But sometimes if they're really good
                I visit bookstores alot too. The Borders that I have within walking distance I visit.... um... like more than three times a week. ALOT. I got here and sit in a black chair for hours reading manga. Bleh, if only books/manga were less money >.<... then I could actually BUY a thirty-eight volume series!

Comment

Haha! It's out on Amazon and Borders too! I think it's only online though... not sure about Borders, it doesn't have the "In stock" or "Special Order" thing that some bookstores do... Like my favorite one that went out of business.... *grumbles* Can't wait! 2 long years!
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                  "I could live

Comment

Ha! To quote from my im conversation
                    drea: HOORAY
                    travis: what?
                    drea: my book that i ordered on december 31st
                    drea: that was supposed to be released in july
                    drea: and then was pushed back to october
                    drea: has just been released from printing, and will be shipped this week
                    Now I've just got to wait to get the shipped e-mail from amazon. Rock on.
                    http://superdrea.net/

Comment

*Starts rocking back and forth to contain excitment*

It's here! Finally!! This is gonna be fun!!

Comment

I threw it into my Amazon order along with some DVDs as this is one series I do buy for keeps as each book is released. It'll ship first week of October, though it'll arrive a little later than that since I always get free shipping.
                        -----
                        Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
                        "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

... well, I'm surprised! I got a shipping notice today, even though I'd picked "group into as few shipments as possible" since I don't need any of it right away. Guess it really is in stock early!
                          -----
                          Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
                          "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

I ordered my copy at the Harry Potter midnight release party (what? I was there for almost six hours..) I went from one really long held Borders pickup slip (HP, six months, I ordered last december) to another (WAW). I was happy. the question is, when will I be able to get it?

*contemplates*
                            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I love my local SFF bookstore. I went in there this morning to find out about a book voucher for dad for father's day and just thought I would ask while I was in there. Not only is it cheaper to order from there, its also only going to be about a two week wait rather than the 4-6 week wait that the more 'generic' bookstores said that it would be. Its going to be good

Alla

Comment

Working...
                              X