Cut scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut scenes

I read somewhere that DD was thinking about posting some interesting cut scenes from this book online. Did that happen? And if so, does anyone have a link?

From memory, there were two scenes mentioned: one scene to do with Kit, and one scene that cleared up exactly what Roshaun said on the moon. I'd really like to read those.

This was mentioned on the Future Plans page of the Errantry Concordanceknow didn't make it into the book: Among the various changes from the excerpts to the final product, the deletion of the scene with Nita on Filif's planet and Wellakh (still available here, courtesy of the Wayback Machine) is the most dramatic (in more ways than one). There are even a few other bits that came up on Out of Ambit that also didn't make it into the book: Lauralee mentions the "nobody comes past the heliopause" bit with Irina (first seen here), on the Future Plans talk page. There's also "Kit ... arguing with a cranky alien about the meaning of life, [and] Nita ... trying to rewrite the physical laws of a volume of space she really doesn't know enough about," from this post, which are somewhat more vague, and could thus have made their ways into the book in some form, though not one that I could easily discern.
    Last edited by Nathan; May 23, 2010, 10:31:45 AM. Reason: Fixing some unrendered Unicode (and qualifying an overly emphatic statement)
    Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Thanks for that. It's so hard to keep track of things here these days; I have nothing but respect for those of you who can manage it. And thanks for the links.

I think that Nita's rewriting of physical laws made its way into the book as the tampering with the power source for the mobile weapon thing in the Crossings.

Comment

0_0 *sucks up new Wellakh descriptions into the Great Vaccuum of Piper's Obesession*
        "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

whether the lines cut were necessary or not, it would still be nice tos ee htem...it's interesting to see how things were originally, at least in my oppinion....(and sometimes lines that would have been nice, though not necessary, ARE cut out)
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
          X