"Wizards at War" Spoiler Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wizards at War" Spoiler Chat Room

Hi, I was just wondering why does no one go in the "Wizards at War" Spoiler Chat Room? I mean
    I see people in it but the most is like 2-3 people
    and all of you guys now about every night 11-20 people are in the main chat room. Well all I am saying do you think DD is wasting her money on a chat room no one uses?

Well I think it's useful. Because like, I'm like in the middles of W@W and I'm like totally obsessed with it. And last night I wanted to talk about it but, like me, there were still some people who hadn't read it yet. So Peter, Sean, and I went into that room to talk about the book, so we didnt give any spoilers away.
    Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
    I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
    If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

Kittymeow- well yes but if you wanted too talk about it so bad you could of done a private chat
      with Peter,Sean, and you. Beacouse you will be saving DDs money that way.

Comment

Actually, not.

And the reason the chat exists is because of the nature of the board and book releases. When a new YW book comes out, some of us can purchase it immediately in hardback, and some folks have to wait for the paperback edition or 'til their library gets a copy before they can read it.

So, there can be up to a one year period when a large portion of the board has to avoid spoilage, and another large portion of the board wants to talk their heads off about the new stuff.

This happens with EVERY book release. So, it makes sense to maintain two forums. When WOM comes out, the spoiler forum will be in use again. The reason the spoiler forum isn't in much use at the moment is that most of us who could do the spoiler discussion got the book last October, and in the eight months since, we've talked ourselves out.

The additional room isn't costing DD any additional money. It's the total number of people allowed in chat (all rooms and private chats counted together) at one time that costs money--the higher that number has to be, the higher the costs. Which is why DD was a little miffed that she'd based how much she was paying off the number of RSVPs she was getting for the official chat, and then two-thirds of the RSVPs didn't show up.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Sorry too post a one liner but ... WHAT?

Comment

If there's 20 people in Main and 5 people in W@W Spoiler, then there's 25 people total in the chat rooms. It doesn't cost money to get another chat room, it costs money to allow more people in.

Say the limit for people is 30:

If there's 25 in Main and 5 in W@W then no one else can get into chat, because there's already 30 people.

DD could have 10 chat rooms if she wanted to, the problem is how many people can get in at once. At the moment it's 50, because a lot of people were saying they wanted to come to her chats, but people haven't been showing up, which has understandably made her a little miffed.

Correct me if I'm wrong Kathy, but I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying, only explained a little more
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Working...
            X