Topics closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topics closed?

wow I just entered this part of the forum for the first time and EVERYTHING but the audiobook topic has been locked. What's going on? Is there something I've missed. I know this is not the case in the SYWTBAW and HW boards. What's up?
    Dai Stihó, cousin.
    "Fairest and Fallen; greetings and defiance."

It looks as if most, at least, have just not been used recently, so they've been closed. Do you want any of them reopened to revive the discussions? It's easy enough for a moderator to do.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Aha! I see. Well thank you very much for the information. I'll certainly post if I find the insatiable urge to revive one of the many expired discussions. I havn't read through them all at the moment, however so I won't bother you with that just now. ^_^ thanks for the offer though. I just found it odd that EVERY one of them was locked.
      Dai Stihó, cousin.
      "Fairest and Fallen; greetings and defiance."

Comment

Why not bump the W@W forum down to the regular fora now? It seems 98% of the interested parties have read and contributed, and we may need the space for the next Wizards book.
        "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
        "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Meteorite...er.... how is this forum not "down in the regular fora"? Lee actually did ask for discussion on whether the spoiler forum contents ought to be moved out of the hidden area and into the regular forums, but there wasn't a huge response either way. I assume that the big fora cleanout/reorg will happen when WoM is released.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Might sound a little annoying, but considering new members seem to be added in batches (it took two weeks for my membership to be approved, which makes me think that they're all reviewed and added at a simular time) I'd say it's a little unfair to lock almost ALL the W@W topics just because they haven't been used in a while. I understand with older books, but considering W@W is still the newest one we have to discuss, it seems like it should still be mostly open. There are quite a few that I'd like to respond to but can't, and I'd feel too demanding if I went to a moderator with a list of topics I'd like reopened when I'm only barely new here.
            <hr color="gray" width="25%" align="left" size=1>
            Earthbound- http://www.iridiansea.net/earthbound

Comment

Hi Rem, and welcome to the forums.

Have you had a look in the W@W spoiler forums? As I think thats where most of the W@W discussion took place. It was moved there to save all the posts with white text and spoilers for those people who didn't read it as soon as it came out.

I hope you enjoy your time here

Alla

Comment

Thank you for the welcome, Alla!

Actually, thats the forum I was talking about. ^_^ Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I know a couple of the most popular threads are still open, but as I was going through the other topics in that fora I found at least three I wanted to reply to that were closed.

Thanks again!
                <hr color="gray" width="25%" align="left" size=1>
                Earthbound- http://www.iridiansea.net/earthbound

Comment

Three topics isn't that many, I don't mind if you ask for them to be reopened. Locking topics that aren't posted to for a while seems to be automatic, so reopening them for someone who has things to add or discuss is reasonable.
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                  X