planet in WaW *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planet in WaW *Spoilers*

Does anyone remember what planet dairine goes to in the early part of WAW, she also visits there in her ordeal. its the planet with all of the computer creatures.

As far as I can recall, the planet doesn't actually have a name, it's just called the Motherboard. I'm not even sure that the solar system that it's in has a name.
    Tourist, Rincewind decided, meant "idiot".
    Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Comment

far as i recall no names are given...which doesn't mean there isn't one, we just don't know it. *goes off*
      [edited to remove unneeded quote. --kli].
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Have you guys noticed how in the sixth book, Daryl mentions, "I know who you are becomming" "You can't be here" and than in this book, Ponch is found to be a Power??
        Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

yes i was wondering what he was talking about
          ending of wiz. at war, emotional

Comment

Dairine always refers to it as the Motherboard, and the creatures that live there as Mobiles.
            "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Originally posted by nita2011:
              Have you guys noticed how in the sixth book, Daryl mentions, "I know who you are becomming" "You can't be here" and than in this book, Ponch is found to be a Power??
              you know, i never really noticed that. and now that you mention it yeah, that does make sense. i didn't even remember that after reading W@W.
              "Dear Artificer, I've blown my quanta and gone to the Good Place!" -Fred
              "Bombs are good. I love bombs." -Iggy from Maximum Ride

Comment

yeah, i didn't really notice that fact either. *wonders at this* i suppose it WAS a bit of a foreshadowing, but it's hard to remember singular lines like that! particularly if you've waited too long for a second book...*Shrugs* ah well. i really hope i managed to make this post long enough, cause short of ANOTHER ramble, i don't have anything else to say! other then what i just said that is. :P hah! made it too!
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

i never really got it. is ponch a power like Tom and Carl's bird, picho(?), was or is it is, huh? or is ponch a new power? oh and at the end when the other dog that said he was ponch, was he really ponch?
                  -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                  Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                  http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

i think it's saying that ponch is the god of the dogs, and when the other dog said he was ponch it was just because ponch can speak through any dog. (if that made any sense)
                    if you're as insanely cool as me... I'LL SEE YOU AT ECLIPSE PROM!!!

Comment

It's not quite god of dogs...more like the dog aspect...i mean, the Lp has so many aspects...why not god? and you know it's god, because they say so fairly clearly...they point out the whole dog spelt backwards thing and mention gods sense of humor. at least, it seems pretty clear to me. *shrugs*

Comment

Also, they mention that the dogs now have their own version of the One (aka Ponch)

So, what about Dairine and Roshaun? They keep saying it's not romantic, but then again... And where'dya think he disappeared to?
                        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

now THAT is a topic that's been going on for AGES i don't think anyone knows other then DD. assuming she knows...it's not THAT uncomon for arthors to only figure it out as they write it....but still, she most likely does. And of COURSE it's romantic! She wouldn't have cried so much otherwise...I mean, she might have, but it seemed more of a lost love thing then a lost friend you barely knew, and until recently didn't even like....*shrugs* theories aobut where he is is dead, in a sun, or a whole lot of other things i can't remember. sorry if that's not much help.

Comment

Back on topic, In HW when Dairine got to the Motherboard planes I think spot says that they are on the edge of the galaxy and that the system wasnt inhabited to its knowledge, until Dairine intervenes.
                            Footsteps in the snow suggest where you have been, point to where you were going: but where they suddenly vanish, never dismiss the possibility of flight....

Comment

Actually, I think the Motherboard was farther than the edge of the universe. It is? Was?- over our event horizon, so that things happing there don't register as happened here. And vice versa. I think.

I don't really understand this concept though....wouldn't it mean the Reconfiguration never happened from an 'Earth' viewpoint?

Comment

Working...
                              X