Where is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is it?

In wizards at war, i read("Something u said back there" Dairine said. " 'When we get home from this errand'?" to Roshaun) (on page 142). But when i looked back, Roshaun didn't say that. So why does Dairine say that, unless i missed it?
    Any answers?
    Later, jess

You know what? I just read that part a couple days ago, after I saw your post, and I didn't find where he said that. That's a little odd isn't it? Hmm.... I think I'm going to like reread that chapter after I finish the book. :-)
    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 20, 2009, 06:06:32 PM. Reason: fixed smiley
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Maybe she means when they were on the moon. Maybe its a reference to something said earlier, and not when they were talking with Roshaun's dad.
      Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

AH! Thread necromancy

This conversation does exist; and it does refer to when Dairine and Roshaun and talking to his parents. I think it is meant to outline the depth of their relationship; i.e. he's talking in plurals (potentially subconsciously) assuming that Dairine will be coming with him, back to Wellakh after this is all over. Its highlighting the fact that their relationship has gone past friendship, in a subtle manner.

Comment

Exactly!! Truthfully I think its also a bit of a prediction that they will eventually come back together again too. I think DD wrote that line in on purpose to highlight that point. It means we're seeing Roshaun again yay!
          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

MaxRide&Eragon-I had this problem too. I reread the chapter at least three times, but couldn't find the conversation.
            If anyone is amazed that I am so blind, please post the page no. for me. This has been troubling me for quite a while.
            “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
            -Groucho Marx

Comment

The original comment by Roshaun can be found a few pages earlier in the chapter Target of Opportunity.

Wizards at War, Hardcover edition, pp 133

"Father," Roshaun said, "you taught me that a wizard turns away from the Aethyrs' guidance and his heart's at his peril. Yes, our people may misunderstand either Dhairine's presence here or the fact that I will now immediately leave. For either eventuality I'm quite prepared. And when we come home from this errand..."

Comment

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                -Groucho Marx

Comment

I couldn't find that for a long time. It was only when I was looking for some favourite lines that I found it. *Light bulb turns on* I was very happy.
                  "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Working...
                  X