Carl's sister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl's sister

Carl mentions that he received a gift from his sister...Does anyone think that she could possibly be a wizard too? Maybe even play some kind of role in future books?

In case I've caused some confusion..Carl's sister is mentioned on pg.185 in my U.S. edition.

....."Nice tie,Carl"
    He glanced down at it. It was patterned all over with bright red chilies, a surprising contrast to the charcoal of his suit. "Yeah it was a gift from my sister. Her ideas of buisness wear are unique."

Edited to eliminate duplicate posting and fix quote tags --kli
    "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
    -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
    'Creator of Sonderwear'
    -----------------------

It'd give this extract from HW new meaning:
    "... you seem to have another wizard in the family."
    "What?"
    "Yes," Carl said, "that was my reaction too."

Perhaps his own sister prompted that reaction.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Or it could have just been his reaction to hearing Dairine was a wizard

Comment

Yes, I'm inclined to agree with Cyber on this one.

Bwahahaha. CYBER.

Comment

Didn't Nita mention something to Tom when they were on the phone in DW about Dairine exuding signs of Wizardry? I'm not quite sure, but Carl being a Senior, I couldn't quite see him registering as much shock over Dairine as her parents would. I think that it could very well be a sibling prompted reaction. I know I would be extremely shocked if one of my brothers said that he was a Wizard.
          "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."

----------------------
          'Creator of Sonderwear'
          -----------------------

Comment

I agree with cyber aswell. And, if I was a wizard I wouldn't be that shocked if my brother said he was one. I'd just be extremely angry!
            "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
            "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

Originally posted by Marissa:
              Didn't Nita mention something to Tom when they were on the phone in DW about Dairine exuding signs of Wizardry? I'm not quite sure, but Carl being a Senior, I couldn't quite see him registering as much shock over Dairine as her parents would.
              Well, it is Dairine. I'd be scared upon learning that Dairine was a wizard, no matter what level I was. I mean, unleashing Dairine out into the universe with any sort of power? That is only going to lead to summat bad. And potentially ugly. I mean, look at what hapenned in HW...stuffe like that doesn't exactly happen everyday.
              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin: I'd be scared upon learning that Dairine was a wizard, no matter what level I was.
                What I meant about Carl being a Senior before was that, seeing he has undoubtedly experienced Wizardry bloodlines running through families, it wouldn't be a real shocker to find out that a sister of one of his Wizards became one herself.If that makes any sense.

----------------------
                'Creator of Sonderwear'
                -----------------------

Comment

About PM's quote from HW:
                  I think that Carl was referring to Dairine, and possibly playing up his emotions a bit to calm Nita down, or at least feel that she wasn't overreacting or...uh...something.
                  I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                  they used to be
                  she said,
                  "The battle's almost won
                  and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Working...
                  X