*Snif* It was a sad book...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Snif* It was a sad book...

The Wizards Dilemma, Is a very sad book!
    How I know this is that all my books are clean and look like they just came out of the book store!
    But the WD book is all soggy frome tears and ... some times wipping my noes on it.

But I am just saying I made me sad they should of called it a wizard in denile, A wizard depresed or a wizards DEATH...but it is so sad....

I think this book is very aptly titled. Nita is presented with a choice to either save her mother and lose her wizardry, or keep her wizardy and possibly be no help at all, or make it worse, or kill herself in the process. If that's not a dilemma, I don't know what is.

It is very sad, I cried through most of it too. Though I don't recommend using your books as kleenex. You could get ink all over your face.
    Nanu nanu.

Comment

Texture isn't right for kleenex. Should be softer, to be less irritating on the nose.

De Nile is a river in Africa...and Nita isn't dying, so a Wizard's Death isn't totally appropriate.

But the book was sad, and possibly in response to some criticism recieved earlier that DD's characters never had a moral choice on their wizardry - or maybe that review was just quite well placed right before WD came out.
      Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
      Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Yep, But at school mt teacher is always yelling "you can't get up, or NO I AM TALKING you can't get a kleanex!" So I blow it on the book...
        so not to make matters grosser but my book is all soggy!

Comment

My friends pap died of cancer so that book was so farmiliar... I cried sooOOOooOoOo hard. But I'm not like you slash, all my books are messy from reading them so many times, in so many conditions: on trips, in planes, boats, ect.
          -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

This book was hard on me, the first time I read it was very soon after my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and now, I'm in Nita's spot (only without magic). The doctors are giving up, and I know how Nita must have felt, and this makes me appreciate DD as a writer even more, She perfectly discribed what it's ike to have cancer affect you in several passages. For instance: when they find out and Dairine crys on Nita, that's what it's been like for me. I spoke about it on another forum. Here's the a link to that post
            -----------
            "CHOCOLATE in heaven is hearing my CHILDREN'S LAUGHTER"
            ~~ My mother. May 24, 1965- July 6, 2006

Comment

THis book IS sad, but it's also one my favorites...I mean, it's just so powerfully written...I can't imagine what it would take to right something like htat...
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I have a lot of friends who loved the series up till this book. They were turned off by what they saw as a lot of unnecessary drama, and have since stopped reading them. Which is a real shame, they've gotten so very good recently.

I think of all of these, this is one of my least favorites, probably for many of the smae reasons that my frineds expressed for stopping reading the series. It is sad, but the general tone of the book is so dramatically different from the rest of them, and kust like the feel of the rest of them best, I guess.
                PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I was actually in hospital when LazyLeopard gave me a copy of this book, though only for endless tests to see if they could find out what caused a liver problem. (They'd apparently ruled out all known causes.)

Gatemage, I saw the update on that forum, and I'm sorry .
                  Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

psh. i probably cried more than all of you guys put together. i cry rather easily when it comes to books and movies...and my fave manga series.

i was crying lika a baby in class, so my friends all got really worried and my enemies laughed..(i got them back of course.)

but i loved it. i can't say i didn't like any of the books, but this one made me the saddest.

but as my fave manga author says, it's good when you end up crying for a charachter in a book. or something like that. the series is called "fruits basket", by the way, if you want to check up on it.

-peri

Comment

Gatemage - I've been there with a family member. Deeeeeepest apologies.

Yeah, this book wins the 'One of the Only Books to Make Calliope Cry' award, although it scared me more than anything else. I used to stay up at night after turning the light off with the book in my hand, trying not to think about what would happen if it were my mother.
                      Metaphors be with you.

Comment

Wow I am so happy this is one of my first posts that people talk about if for almost a page!
                        *woooop*

Comment

i am happy that you are happy, slashkins. how are you surviving without cookies? and with a noisy captain? and why are you on a boat? man, i want to post a one-liner somewhere...but then kli would get on my back. don't flame me!!!

-peri

Comment

I thought this book was really sad... I knew that when they were talking about Nita's mom's handwriting, that something was wrong. I didn't really cry, though.
                            <select name=stats size=1>
                            <Option value=1>BenKyuutai

<Option value=1>He just blew his quanta

<Option value=1>Likes brownies

<Option value=1>HUGGLES POKEMON!
                            </select>

Comment

Originally posted by SpeechOrb:
                              I thought this book was really sad... I knew that when they were talking about Nita's mom's handwriting, that something was wrong. I didn't really cry, though.
                              I didn't really register what the handwriting thing meant, but it filled me with a sense of foreboding.

I cried like crazy throughout the book - but I really spent most of the time yelling at Nita "Don't be stupid!" and crying over her and Dairine. But I still think it's one of her best books.

Comment

Working...
                              X