did Dilemma make anyone else cry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Dilemma make anyone else cry...

because it made me...but i cry at sad parts in a lot of books. still, its made me cry everytime ive read it. i guess that means its written well (DUH!) and that im just a little wierd...or maybe im not wierd. i dont know
    ***ally***
    Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.
    and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy

because it made me...but i cry at sad parts in a lot of books. still, its made me cry everytime ive read it. i guess that means its written well (DUH!) and that im just a little wierd...or maybe im not wierd. i dont know
    ***ally***
    Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.

Comment

*raises hand* Yeah, I hate to admit to it, but I did. I only cry in books. Movies, no. I'm hard as a rock in movies. But I usually read books with no one around so I can maintain my reputation. For some reason, I don't like to cry in front of people. Maybe because it makes me feel vulnerable, and I don't like that feeling. I don't like showing anyone any of my feelings, for that matter.

But, bookfanatic, if you want to add something to a previous post, there's this little eraser thingy button that you can push. Then you don't have to post a one-liner, which is something that is discouraged. You see, DD pays for these forums, so if we waste the bandwidth with one-liners, her bill goes up. So if you know you're going to have a one-liner, just think about what you're saying and see if you can add anything to it or if it's just not worth saying at all. Just a tip for future reference.

I will rejoice in the moonlight;
      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
      I will rejoice in the moonlight;
      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

***ally***

Comment

I'll admit it... no other book (or movie) has every made me cry, but Wizards Dilemma did it for me. Excpecially when Nita finds out her mom had cancer.
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I've NEVER cried during a movie or book except Dilemma. It was just soooooooooooooo sad!!!!! My Mom came in because I'd stayed up all night reading and I was just sitting there crying. She was like "Samantha what's wrong" and I just pointed to the book.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
            When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself.
            READ MY Live Journal!PLEAZ?
            DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
            Silence is golden?... aw! but shouting is fun!
            ~Sam (Hifun55)~
            Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
            HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
            My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

I can't remember. I don't often SOB during books, usually silent tears will run down my face or I'll get all choked up and have to bite myself to keep from reading.

When I was reading the Edge on the Sword, I cried HARD 4 times.

I am me and I am unique.
              Gods all bless,
              Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee
              I am me and I am unique.
              Gods all bless,
              Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

Hi, Sammy! I cried the second time I read it, but I don't usually cry over books and movies...but it's kinda weird. There's at least 2 movies I can think about, Hook, and The Electric Grandmother, that I'd seen a lot when I was little, but when I watched them recently it was all I could do to keep from crying...

~Rad
                I love Superchic[k]!
                The Moosetrix Alaska
                *Dai'Stiho*
                ~Rachel

Comment

*grins* I don't think I did cry in Dilemma...one of the books I vividly remember crying at was I Am Regina, and it wasn't even sad.

My dad's side of the family (he's one of six) used to get together every other summer at the beach, until it got too expensive. So I remember one time, I think I was about nine or ten, I was at the house with some of my aunts and some of my girl cousins, and we were watching Anne of Green Gables. And I can remember vividly seeing the part where Matthew dies and hearing SOBBING from the aunts behind me. *grins* But you guys never cry in movies? I cry sometimes, but only a little. My friend's mom cried in the Muppet Movie.

Wow, that was a big ramble...

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
                  'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
                  -Spongebob Squarepants
                  *Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

I'm re-reading the series from the beginning b/c I recently got Alone and Holiday. I'm on Dilemma again, and it keeps getting sadder. I found myself tearing up several times...and in school, too.

~Rad
                    I love Superchic[k]!
                    The Moosetrix Alaska
                    *Dai'Stiho*
                    ~Rachel

Comment

Ok, I cried too. But only a little. It was at the part where Dariane is feeling all helpless because she knows her mom is gonna die and she's a wizard and wants to do something too help and couldn't. I really identified with her then. I mean, it must have been frustrating to be able to fix planets and have to watch her mom just die.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline
                      "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

What's really wierd is that I didn't cry in Wizard's Delema. It was more like shock. Nita's mom was going to die of cancer, and well, it didn't sink in right for me. ops:

I get caught into books sometimes. I tear up a bit, but don't really cry. I did cry when i read Outsider by SE Hinton. That was such a good book. If you haven't read it, you need to! I don't remember if I cried or not for The Edge on the Sword. When Red died... that was sad.

-MaThFrEaK
                        "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                        "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                        "Izza mousey!"
                        ~Gryphon~
                        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Yeah, I definitely cried. Not really when Nita found out about her mother's cancer, but when it really sank in to me that she was going
                          ------------------------------
                          Japanese word/phrase of the week:
                          魔術し (Majutsu-shi): Wizard

Comment

*sniff sniff* YES! I don't remember exactly when.. wait, yes I do. It was when Nita's mom stops fighting the Lone Power... *tears*
                            ~Dari

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Yes i cried in dilemma it was the part when Nita's mom came home from the hospital I had never cried because of a book before that.
                              PATRICIA</span>

Comment

Working...
                              X