carrying matrix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carrying matrix?

Hi guys, I'm new to here. I'm currently read the wizards' Dilemma. And I just got to the point when Nita is constructing her carrying matrix. And, I'm just wondering, is that the matrix on the cover? I must say that it reminds me of the Auryn from the neverendig story~!

It might be, I suppose. I'd assumed that it was ... well, something from later in the book. You'll see it when you get there.

Spoiler-protected opinion - select to read, if you've read the whole book:
    <span class="ev_code_white">I think it's either a kernel or the glede.</span>
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

i think its the first one that PM mentioned, as the second one is described as a small ball of light, and the first one as a tangle of light, and an apple, if you catch my drift

FEAR us, the Pokemon of Chat, Gryphachu, Dreamee, Poetnine, and... what was PM again? anyways, FEAR US!!!!

OUT OF CONTEXT... and super tumble weeds ~*~*~*~*~*~*~* yay for tumble weeds
      "BP: I blame the custard, PM: NONONO ITS THE KIttens, the cute fuzzy kittens" argument over death. honest... its true, ask him
      "Absurdity is the spice of life, the little things that always make the one being absurd laugh, and no one else"-me, being serious
      Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him alight and he's warm for the rest of his life ~ Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Comment

Certainly the first one. The setting is proper for it and it does resemble it in a severe degree.

Comment

I do believe the matrix resolves itself to be a bracelet of sorts, with charms on it.
          Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
          Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

I gree. I always assumed it was the- we're allowed to say it, right? kernal. the despription fits perfectly.

andd you're right, the matrix's outer form is a charm bracelet, but i can see how suntail hawk was confused because it's true forn it bigger and is weave of light.

however, I think the true form of the matrix is too big to be the picture on the cover, and is not a ball.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Yep! that's what it does, one spell was one charm. Plus she left room to Expand it at need. probably a good idea, really.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Originally posted by Suntail Hawk:
                Hi guys, I'm new to here. I'm currently read the wizards' Dilemma. And I just got to the point when Nita is constructing her carrying matrix. And, I'm just wondering, is that the matrix on the cover? I must say that it reminds me of the Auryn from the neverendig story~!
                It is not the matrix. If you look carefully, you can see the charm bracelet on Nita's right arm (above what you thought what was the matrix)with some charms on it. The charms are hard to see, though. Anyway, the tangle of light is the kernel for the alternate New York in the Training Universe Nita was in.

Comment

Actually what Nita was carrying was a kernal. Personally, I like the idea of reconstructing kernals within a world, primarily because I like the idea of being able to make changes.
                  Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Yeah, I always though of that as the kernal just because it fit the description and it was glowing, which is how I pictured it. I thought it was really cool how she could just find the 'center' of that universe and do whatever (within reason) she pleased with it.
                    Dai stiho cousins
                    ~~~Ezra

Comment

Working...
                    X