Possible help for Nita's mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible help for Nita's mom

When Kit and Ponch are in their own ade universes, one of Kit's childhood fears become reality. Then Kit wonders if hopes could come true. My thought was if Nita and Kit brought Nita's mom there and created a universe where cancer could be cured or they knew the cure or something. Then they could have saved her mother. Just a thought. Your opinions

That's a really neat idea. We've been having all of these discussions about Kit and Ponch and the why's of Ponch, but this is something I don't think has been covered yet. Ponch could lead Kit to universes with solutions.

But then, when, and if, they could instantly find universes with all of these easy answers, where does that take them? What does that make of life? "Hey, we could save Nita's mom by taking her here," eventually becomes, "I have homework I don't feel like doing... I bet someone in such and such universe would help me with it."

Wow, that's something to explore. Do you see what I'm saying?
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

thats true too... didn't think about that. that just popped into my head as soon as i read that part about Kit's nightmares coming true. I do see what you're saying though. Itr makes a lot of sense

Comment

Hey, cousin, just a friendly word, your avatar graphic is big enough to throw off the board layout. You might want to think of using something more within the board guidelines. Essentially, graphics should be 68x68 or 68x100 pixels or smaller.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Personally.... I think that, yes, Ponch can make hopes come true... The dragons eye that Kit found with Ponch, saved Nita... Though the way you talk about it... Like... Lets go to a place where we can save Nita's mom... I think that's not how Ponch's worlds work. They give you help... You just have to make the help happen. I mean, if Kit hadn't figured out what the dragons eye could do... Who knows what would have happened to Neets. *Shudders* Thats thought is NOT cool... Though I don't think that if hee took Nitas mom to a place that could cure her... Wouldn't cure her right away... I think that it would give her the option, or chance, to be cured... Think on it...
          ----------------------------------------------
          Member of the DDFQOTW foundation...

Forever and Always
          Nella

Comment

Interestingly, this has been done (almost exactly) in another well-known series, in books 2-4 of the Ender's Game series. (Spoiler warning for those books) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">They have a disease on the loose, and while there is a theoretical cure, the molecule is too fragile to be made in the laboratory. But they have a supercomputer AI who can take them to another dimension where their thoughts and dreams can take on solid form, so they go there visualizing the cure, and come back with a test tube full of it. (And with a few other things they didn't realize that they were imagining, but that's a different part of the story... :-)</span> A good series, if you haven't read them.
            Ardub
            r:w)

Comment

yeah thats true, sorry about my avvie, something got messed up. Anyways, i think that if given the chance, Nita's mom would still have chosen not to be cured, or whatever. In the face-off with the Lone One, she was pretty sure about her decision

Comment

I think that at some point in Dilemma, Kit does end up in a "perfect world"...but he rejects it because it's not reality.
                Somehow, as wonderful as it would be to have Nita's mom cured, I think that it defeats the purpose. As long as she is buying in to the fear of death that makes her want to avoid it, the Lone Power is winning. By completely rejecting the fear and dying, she fights the Lone Power...
                A physics geek
                And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

FW, you have a good point. When Dairine created the turtle-things, their Choice was mostly about whether or not they should actually stop time, which would show that they were scared of death, and wouldn't work anyway. That's the same sort of choice Nita's mom had, I think. She could stop death forever, at least in herself, or she could face death unafraid and content.
                  Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                  "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                  "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

an opinion on ponch.

I think Ponches worlds only help you if (now how do i word this) the help they can give will be any help at all.

It wouldn't have worked for nita's mom because she would have chosen to die. Therefore the help that ponch could give would have been no help at all.
                    (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
                    "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

Huh. Carl, your picture and name is staying the same. You're supposed to be called The Lord of the Undead, and you have this demon thingy as a avatar.

I don't think that would exactly work...I don't know why. It MIGHT work, but Nita's mom wouldn't have wanted to do that. She would have wanted to have lived her life and die, not clutch at life. I think she was afraid of being tempted to become like that.

Comment

Yeah, probably. My thought was that isn't is just possible? Nita's mom wouldn't have wanted to hold on to life and do exactly what the Lone Power wanted her to do. Even though she wasn't a wizard, she knew what was going on and did the brave thing.

Comment

Working...
                        X