This book was so sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This book was so sad.

I just thought that this book was so sad in some parts espally when Nita, Darinie and they're dad where visiting they're mom in the hospital. Like this part....
    Nita went down the hall, down by the soft-drink machine, and Dairine followed her slowly. " Is it going to be all right?"Dairine said. Suddenly she didn't sound like her usual compentent self. Suddenally she sounded very young and scared, really wanting her older sister to tell her things were going to work. "yeah,"Nita said."One way or another." And there was nothing else to say and nothing else to do but wait for the morning.
    I almost cried when I read this the first time. The very ending in Nita's dream it was sopost to be happy but I found it kind of sad because Nita worked so hard but she still didn't totally save her mother she only bought her some time.
    Dai Stiho cousens

Wow thankyou for the ending of the book *_*...
    justkidding! This is the book I am reading and one day I was in 8th hour and I was reading and crying becouse it was so sad.... and right now I as crying only becouse my dog had to be sold...

Comment

When I first read Wizard's Dilemma I also found it exceedingly sad, and I still do. Cancer and the death of a parent is always something traumatic and horrible. But it's something very essential to this story. After her mom dies, Nita's character goes through alot of development, and she definitely further matures. It also shows the dark side of wizardry, and how rather than casting spells and making things happening, they're risking their lives and those close to them in order to preserve and have a better place to live in. It shows how despite Nita's previous luck, she's not immune to distress and the Lone One's wrath. Even though this book was sad, it's definitely one of the most important pivotal points, despite the fact that it might make your eyes teary.

Comment

Could not have said it better myself Kaiba4ever. Can I also point out that Nita's mum showed the reader that you dont need to be a wizard to kick the lone powers butt hahaha i loved that bit! and the fact that its shows in a way we all live on. I feel sorry for DAD as he cant contact his wife etc wonder if he will ever get re-married? not that i think he should
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I agree that it was sad, perhaps more so for me, having had just been informed about my own mother's cancer before reading the book, but when I re read it, passages struck me as understanding.
          But Nita knew now, and there was nothing she could do but hang on to her sister and let Dairine sob herself silent. It's not fair, Nita thought, the tears leaking out as she hugged Dairine to her. Who do I get to cry on? Who's going to be strong for me?
          this passage for instance shows a perfect view from the eyes of someone touched by cancer.

on another forum, a thread dedicated to people who have been touched by cancer, I wrote about this passage. Here is where I spoke about this passage
          -----------
          "CHOCOLATE in heaven is hearing my CHILDREN'S LAUGHTER"
          ~~ My mother. May 24, 1965- July 6, 2006

Comment

This book, I'll admit, didn't make me cry the first time, but when I read it right after my dad died (not from cancer) I really actually envied Nita. I mean, yes, her mom died, but she knew it was gonna happen. She had a chance to say goodbye. When my dad died, it was sudden. My parents were divorced, and no one had heard from him for a few days and...yeah, I don't want to talk about it. But when a close family friend of ours died, she had cancer, and we all knew what was going to happen, and we were able to adjust slowly; say our goodbyes, say whatever we needed to say, stuff like that. I wish I could've had that. After experiencing both, i much prefer what Nita's going through to what I'm going through. I don't know where I'm going with this, but it needed to be said, I think.
            Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

Working...
            X