What did the Transcendent Pig mean??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did the Transcendent Pig mean??

Hey. Okay, I've just finished reading The Wizard's Dilemma...again and I have this burning question to ask others who read into things too much (like myself). Can anyone tell me what they thought the Pig meant in page 344 when he says "And besides, I've always been a sucker for young- well, for people in your situation." Maybe I'm just reading too much into, but I would really like to know what people think the missing word is
    Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.
    Albert Einstein

Possibly wizards, considering that that's exactly what Nita and Kit are - young wizards.

The other possibility could be humans. But I don't know why the pig would substitute "human" with "people in your situation". So I think young wizards is the best fit, at least that I can think of when I got up a half hour ago.
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Young......?

My first thoughts were "wizards" and "humans" but perhaps we should think more deeply into the "situation" that the Pig is talking about.

Possibly it examined their situation and assumed something else, but refrained from saying it.

"Friends?" It doesn't quite seem to fit, though. "Lovers?" *ducks* Okay okay, don't kill me, I'm mostly joking...
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Was it saying this to Nita and Kit? cause, if so, no ones going to stab you.
        If it was Nita and someone else...*goes to borrow a whet stone*
        I don't know if we really have enough information to say...Or we could just be reading too deeply into it. One of the two.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

ok, I am going to not-answer and ask a question myself . because i'm not quite sure...
          but I think that the pig was going to say something that might give us insight into what may happen in the next books. because every time is his present... then it makes sense that he would know something bad was going to happen. And I think that it must be pretty bad if it means that he's willing to do something he wouldn't normally. So... my question is; what could be bad enough? I know, we don't have much to go on... but do you think this is possibly a hint?

ok... sorry for not really answering the question.
          But I think that it was something more than "humans" or "wizards" because, why then would he hesitate to say it? I think that the "in your situation" part was full of much more meaning than the "young people" part.

Dai Stihos

Wolfy
          Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I don't have much of an idea what the Transcendent Pig meant, but I don't think that wizards or humans would have been it.

It could have been something bad from the future, which means we might have an easier time guessing after reading AWofM. DD must know what it was - though I am not sure if she intended to leave enough clues to figure it out.

I thought it might be something to do with their relationship. Or they could be in the forefront of another huge battle - or something like Ireland? Where they remade the world in their own image? They probably do something important (not that they haven't already) and the Pig is interested in the before-hand aspect of it.

It could be a hint, like Wolfy said
            "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Maybe he meant a young speices?? I mean compared to all the other speices yet seen (apart from D mobiles) we are the youngest, the less developed?!! Just a thought?
              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Not even DD HAS to know what it meant...sometimes you just know the characters know something you don't, and later on realize for yourself why they were doing what they were doing. (Sounds insane, but its kinda true...My chraractors STILL won't tell me all their secrets, and i've been writing with them for YEARS.)

Perhaps Nita and Kit are something new, in and of themselves...There is definatley something strange about them, and Dairine, i suppose, after all, considering how much keeps on falling in their laps.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I know what pig is, just what is Transcedent mean? I'll look it up and post.
                  Here's a llama, there's a llama, and another little llama, fuzzy llama, funny llama, llama llama duck!

Comment

"Wizards" would be the obvious word to attach to that. However, could it be foreshadowing something coming in AWoM? We do have a reference in the blurb that is up on youngwizards.com that:

And if [Nita] does, she risks becoming far less than human. Or far more...
                    The following text has been whited out for spoilers for W@W:

Could it have something to do with the Peridexis?

I really need to go and do a re-read of the series, but if I remember correctly, the Pig is like the Powers that Be, in that he exists out of the normal time-space continuum. So does he really know when he says that to Nita, which even in her time-space line she is referring to?
                    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 3, 2008, 11:30:42 AM. Reason: Fixed spoiler tagging

Comment

Yes, the Transcendent Pig exists out of the continuum. Good point - I didn't even think of that. He could definately be reffering to the W@W Spoilerperidexis. That would make a great deal of sense. Spoiler - W@WThe manual inside Nita's head? That is actually a good possibility. Was the Pig talking to just Nita, or Nita and Kit? There is also the chance that it was put there to say that they were special - but that DD did not exactly know why...
                      Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 3, 2008, 11:28:12 AM. Reason: Fixed spoiler tagging, color
                      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Transcendent means (in my dictionary, anyway), "beyond the infinite."

Though the only mental image I get when I hear that is a picture of the Pig dressed up like Buzz Lightyear and saying "To infinity, and beyond!"
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Eventually, it'll reveal itself...Either that, or we're just meant to muddle through it, and each figure things out in our own way, all arriving at different answers that suit us, and arguing over them.

Comment

Working...
                          X