Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hey everyone. Im doing a project in school where I have to do a soundtrack to A waizards Dilemma. If you can think of any good songs, could you please tell me? I would appreciate it sooooooooooooooo much!!
    Thanks!

Hermione
    Eat, Sleep, breathe, Sing, Dance, Read

i know this is a little babyish but maybe "I want a Mom" from Rugrats in Paris? (my little sister listens to it all the time.) Have u ever heard it?

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Maybe, "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne.

*Ella*
      "If you want to know about a man's character, find out what his cat thinks of him."
      -Anonymous

I just took the SAT!! Oh yeah
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

Thanks so much! Do you know who I want a mom is by? And I thought of "Im with you" too. Im just not sure exactly how to relate it...

Hermione

Comment

Google says that "I want a mom is by Cyndi Lauper.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

"Saturn", or perhaps "Neptune", from Gustav Holst's "The Planet's Suite" seemed to me to be an appropriate theme for the times when Kit is being led by Ponch through the empty darkness and discovering (or creating?) new universes.

Also, I'm not a big country fan, but "When You Come Back to Me Again" by Garth Brooks is a great touching song that would work well as the ending theme for this hypothetical "movie". It's been used in films before, but I think it'd be great here.

Worlebird
            ------------------------------------
            At the beginning of the week, we sealed ten BSD programmers into a computer room with a single distribution of BSD Unix. Upon opening the room after seven days, we found all ten programmers dead, clutching each others' throats, and thirteen new flavors of BSD.
            Worlebird
            ------------------------------------
            "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

I would have to suggest Josh Groban's 'To Where You Are.' I think it fits Nita and her mother's attitude toward her death. As if death is not such an awful thing and not really an end. [Yes I know that's a sentence fragment.] And anyway, it's a good song.

Yours till the bed spreads,
              Rowen Avalon
              mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
              Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
              "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

mhm.... maybe Sad Lisa by Cat Stevens? (from the album Tea for the Tillerman. "Longer Boats" and "But I might Die Tonight" and "On the Road to find Out" might also be cool...) I think it fits Nita a little bit- although perhaps it's more for Alone than Dilemma. Also, if you want a slightly bitter one for the bit where Nita has decided to hand over to the Lone One, I'd try Blessed by Simon and Garfunkel (i'm not sure what album) or maybe Gollum's Song by Emiliana Torres. (from the Lord of the Rings: The two Towers" soundtrack) Although "no loyal friend/was ever there for me" is not exactly apt.
                ka kite
                Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                *sob* back to school....*sob*
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

ohmy goodness!
                  i LOVE gollum's song!!!!!!!

Join the Right Honorable wicked Stepmother's Traveling, Drinking, and Debating Society. (or, if you are male, join the men's auxilary!)
                  If one is a TRUE book lover, one cannot have a favorite book. It would be an insult to all the other books you have read and loved.
                  http://www.avidgamers.com/WWOHP/
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

use the nelly song dilemma because of the name its on his cd nellyville

Comment

I'd suggest Sarah McLachlan's version of "Prayer of St. Francis." The prayer itself is similar in intent to the Oath, and the line "grant that I may not
                      so much seek to be consoled as to console" is especially fitting.

-Tabby
                      the princess with claws

Comment

Comment

How about hanging by a moment by Nickel Creek

There's a kind of emptiness that can fill you
                          There's a kind of hunger that eat you up
                          There's a cold and darker side of the moonlight
                          and there's a lonely side of love

with you here, I'm strong no sign of weakness
                          with you gone I'm hanging by a thread

Comment

I don't know if this quite fits, but Gonzo's song from the Muppet Movie (I'm not sure of the title) seems evocative of Timeheart to me.

"Part heaven, part space
                            Or have I found my place?
                            You can just visit
                            But I plan to stay
                            I'm going to go back there someday."

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

Thanks so much to everyone who helped. In the end I used "I'm With You" to represent the mood of lonliness, "Torn" to represent Nita's feelings about the possiblity of working with the Lone One, "Ironic" to represent the irony of the Lone One offering to save her mom's life when he created death, and "Gotta get Thru This" to represent Nita overcoming obstacles. I dunno how I did yet, but I hope I did good cause I spent like 10 hours on it.

Hermione

Comment

Working...
                              X