Ordeals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordeals

Is there any connection between a wizard's Ordeal and their age? Because Dari's seemed really difficult, was it because of her age/power relation?
    "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
    "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

I thought it was because Nita's and Kit's was difficult but, there was 2 of them. Dari was a special case, wasen't it?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Dari was definitly a special case. But I think the wizards are put on an Ordeal depending on where they're needed. Dari was just the right wizard to do what she had to do. I think somewhere DD might have said something about people becoming wizards when they're needed. I guess Dari was just needed earlier then others.
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

I don't know M!! I know that when needed some wizards like Dari will be early But I really feel that theres something else to her Ordeal!! I don't know what (I have that Foxy feeling!!), And Nita is speical too. We know that Nita is a little differant than other wizards already by the hints left in books but I really hope we find out soon what it is!! And what ever makes Nita speical might be a family trate!! I which case Dari have her ordeal early would make sence!!
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I dunno if age affects difficulty. I don't really see why it would. And I don't know if you can really get an idea about it. We've had Nita, Kit, Dari, and Darryl to look at for Ordeals.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

We know that young wizards are the most powerful, because they "don't know what they can't do," or words to that affect. It's also been mentioned that Powers will let wizards grow up as much as possible before putting them on Ordeal. However, if they're needed- by which I think is meant that their particularly unique talents are needed (example: Dairine)- they'll go earlier. That's basically a summary of what DD's said so far, and I know it doesn't wuite answer the question.

If you were to ask me, I'd say that a wizards' age might to a certain extent have a correlation with the difficulty of their Ordeal: because young wizards are more powerful, it seems possible to me that if they are needed, they're needed for something important- which is probably also going to be difficult. However that's not to say that older wizards might not have a difficult ordeal.

On a side note, does anyone else think that Dairine would have been/is a fairly powerful (in terms only of raw power, not skillz: she's definitely got the skillz!) wizard in her own right? It may have only been exacerbated by her age.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Birdhead I think you might be right! Dari would proberly be a high powered wizard anyway in her own right!! She has the right mental state and ....... I've just had a thought (which someone has proberly already said)! Do you think cause Dari has grown up faster (mentally that is) it rushed the issue of her being a wizard??? Maybe in that case wizards are not chossen on there age basess but by mental age?? Because lets face it Nita was of average age to become a wizard (thats the feeling I got) Dari was a mental equal in some respects so also became a wizard!! does that make sense??
              Fox

Comment

Do you think Dairine would have still become a wizard if Nita wasent? Because, Nita was the one who showed Dairine her manual and Dairine took the oath from her manual, too.
                **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I do!!!! It was already in the family so there is a hight propability that she would become one too!! Dari had many of the trates of being a wizard, but I've just realized that in Nita's family it tends to favour the female person!! Sister, granmother, and anuty!!! just something to think about!!
                  Fox

Comment

Good point. But, how would she have taken the oath? I know from the computer, but, would she have belived it? It always seemed to me she was a little closed minded. Nita was more open minded. I just confused myself. Does anyone get this other than me?
                    **Neets**

Comment

I think that Dari did believe in magic cause she was always after DARTH and I think if a computer told her magic existed then she would believe becasuse Dari would know that computers can't lie!! And yes I get confused too!! all the time!!!
                      Fox

Comment

I think that the only way age is linked to the ordeal is that the powers that be won't give you an ordeal that's imposible for you to finish, and if your too old you may not be able to finish an ordeal as dificult as some of the ones we have seen.
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

How old was Ronan when he went through his Ordeal? Or do we know? It seems that his was probably as traumatic as Dairine's or Nita/Kit's, if not more so.
                          Life Sucks, then you laugh-Chicken Bones for the Teenage Soup

"Dr. B! Dr. B! you should become a nun so that you can predict the future." Math class

"I thought you could only get cholestorol from eating people." Again, math class

Comment

wofldeamon said: How old was Ronan when he went through his Ordeal? Or do we know? It seems that his was probably as traumatic as Dairine's or Nita/Kit's, if not more so.
                            I don't think they ever really said. ANd yeah, it seemed to be about as traumatic, albite a lot shorter.
                            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I think that age does of something to do with the difficulty of Ordeals. I think the fact that the younger the wizard the more power it has would explain it. If the Powers That Be need a wizard so young, with so much power, of course it is going to be a difficult ordeal.

"Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, annunciation of truth." ~V for Vendetta

Comment

Working...
                              X