Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20th-Anniversary Edition... Only 100 copies left?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th-Anniversary Edition... Only 100 copies left?!

Actually quite surprised no one's posted anything on this yet, but the 20th-Anniversary Edition of SYWTBAW is, to put it out there bluntly, almost gone from this world. And while that's the horrific aspect of it, its polar opposite is that DD herself is taking the last 100 from Harcourt's warehouse and--wait for it--will be SIGNING and PERSONALIZING them. (-Insert screaming fangirl here-)
    (A bit late* to be posting this, actually... There are only, what, 14 copies left last I checked? [After going back to see: Yep.] Agh, definitely late...)

*Edit: So the 95 copies have all been reserved; 5 are left to be put on the eBooks Direct site for sale. (I think I recall DD mentioning that she'd let people fight it out...?) And there was just a new post on how the books have already arrived at The Author's home... So not much longer to wait!
    Last edited by Rae Silvera; April 29, 2014, 02:11:22 AM. Reason: End of reservations & update
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
    Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
    I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

20th anniv. signed...

Yes, I saw that post on her tumblr. I remember coming across the 20th anniv. edition in a local library quite a while back, and getting excited because of the 'extras' (a short story, Uptown Local, & the afterword).

...Aaaand, looks like they're all reserved now: So You Want To Be A Wizard 20th Anniversary Edition – Ebooks Direct at DianeDuane.com

Comment

Hey all. It's been a while since I last posted here, but I figured I'd post about this.

I am quite lucky and happy that I was able to acquire a copy of this 20th-Anniversary Edition of the So You Want to Be a Wizard book. Apart from book #3: High Wizardry, I had the hardest time finding this book in hardback. Now, High Wizardry is the only one I am missing in hardback now. But what I wanted to say mostly is that this book is a real treat for me due to other reasons. It just so happens that today (June 2nd) is my birthday. And guess when the book arrived at my doorstep? Just a few hours ago! So, in a sense, this is the first birthday gift I got for the day. It has set up my mood for the rest of the day. I'm so glad that Diane Duane decided to do this, and the message she wrote for me was just wonderful. I just want to say thank you for this, and hope that all those others who also requested a copy were able to get them.

Thanks.

Gibby Gibson
      "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Awesome birthday present to yourself! If I still read paper books I'd have tried to get one, but them going to people who'd appreciate them more is better. And it coming on your birthday is just even nicer in a way!
        We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuttle View Post
          Awesome birthday present to yourself!
          Thanks. It was nice to see, and to finally have a copy of the first book in the series in hardback is a plus for me.

But this is now making me wonder how many other people who visit the forums here (every so often) also got a copy. Speaking of which, I need to go read it soon. It's been a few years since I last read through the entire series, and this is just getting me into the mood to do that, especially since next week I won't have my computer for technical reasons (don't really have to get into that here since that is going off topic).

Anyway, like I stated before, hope everyone who ordered one is happy with what they received. I know I am.

GibbyGibson
          "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Well, I'm happy to say that I was able to get my copy too. (Even after quite a bit of trouble regarding the post office and delivery... But that's okay. I got it!!)

--And while I'm at it, I just wanted to shout into the void: Ms. Diane Duane, if you ever somehow come across this, I want to say a few thank yous that apply on a whole spectrum of levels. Of course, thank you for writing these amazing, extraordinary books (otherwise most of us would be obsession-deprived)--and I could go on about that forever, but... more to the point: Thank you for corresponding so constantly (and so willingly!) with your fans. It's ridiculously hard to get to know any author as well as I (and, I suspect, quite a lot of others that worship you) have been able to--and just by scrolling through your tumblr. So, again: Thank you for the book, the signature, the message, and, essentially, the smiley face. (I also like to think that I speak for everyone else here. ^^)
            Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
            Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
            I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Comment

I also picked up one of the 20th Anniversary copies, albeit after a bit of confusion which was entirely my fault (sorry again DD!). Now I'm trying to stop myself from taking advantage of the other goodies on offer.

I definitely started a re-read. Or, more precisely, a re-listen. I've been nabbing them all off audible and listening to them while I do experiments.
              PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
              Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Working...
              X