Peach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peach

I was just browsing through Diane's posts over on http://www.leakylounge.com, and was a bit surprised to find the following quote, which I don't think I've seen on this side of things.

As for Picchu: she belonged to the real person on whom Tom Swale is based and behaved exactly as described. (Well, except for the avatar stuff).
    Just figured I'd share. :-)
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

That is a neat bit of trivia... I loved Picchu, and was glad to see her/him later I would have been sad not to have seen that particular power again....
    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Thanks Garett!

I've always love Peach too. She's Peach - is there any way not to love her?

I especially liked the interactions between her and Tom and Carl - the part where she was going for the eggs, a cannibal (Deep Wizardry, while Kit is on the phone with them). They were always funny.
      "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Peach

Peach is a pretty amazing character. Spontaneous, yet lovable. She's one of my favorites.

"And that's the way it is."

Comment

I think peach was great to the only thing was... when they mentioned her past names and michael the archangel came up it was kind of scary but then i read on and learned about the powers not being any gender in particular.
          It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
          That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
            I was just browsing through Diane's posts over on http://www.leakylounge.com, and was a bit surprised to find the following quote, which I don't think I've seen on this side of things.

As for Picchu: she belonged to the real person on whom Tom Swale is based and behaved exactly as described. (Well, except for the avatar stuff).
            Just figured I'd share. :-)

That is pretty cool. I wonder where the line is drawn at 'the avatar stuff' though. I'm going to assume that it includes the prophecy stuff as well as the whole being the Defender bit.

If DD is around reading this: How many of the things Peach says in the stories were directly inspired/based on things that the real Picchu said? Or what do other people think?

Comment

That's really cool! I wonder if Tom acts like the real person too. If so, I want to meet both him and Peach.
              -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
              -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
              -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I /wondered/ if Peach was based off of a real parrot. Question answered! She just acts so so so much like a real parrot that it /had/ to be written off experience! That's pretty awesome.
                "Sometimes, people build walls- not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to knock them down." -Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                  I think peach was great to the only thing was... when they mentioned her past names and michael the archangel came up it was kind of scary but then i read on and learned about the powers not being any gender in particular.
                  I've actually had to explain that gender indiffernce to my friends several times with regards to It and to the arch angels and my guardian angel.

Both of my friends seem to have familiars of some kind, but just can't seem to get in tough with their guardian angels; I made the connection that maybe they are on e in the same, and it seems to be true on at least two accounts.
                  The Promised Land is a State of Being. - Me

Comment

Working...
                  X