Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does one of the featured LJ icons mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does one of the featured LJ icons mean?

Dai stiho, everybody!

I wasn't sure which book/topic to put this under, but I chose So You Want To Be A Wizard because it involves the Lotus.

The second featured icon says "im in ur dark manhattan boostin ur book". And there's a picture of what must be a Lotus there.

I'm guessing that, yes, this is the Lotus that's from the dark Manhattan. Although what's the "boostin ur book" part mean?
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Boosting = stealing.

Do I need to explain the LOLcat reference, or do you have that down by now? :-)
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

You know, I've been wondering about that same icon for ages now. I got the LOLCat reference but the phrase didn't make any sense...now it does. Thanks, Garrett!
      The Dead Robots' Society - A podcast for writers, by writers
      Subscribe today at www.deadrobotssociety.com

Comment

My pleasure.

I like your icon: I use it myself on LJ. :-)
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Really? Cool! I actually had a really hard time choosing just the right icon to use here on the YW forums. My collection of LJ icons is truly massive and I'll probably end up cycling through them all over the months...keep your eyes peeled.
          The Dead Robots' Society - A podcast for writers, by writers
          Subscribe today at www.deadrobotssociety.com

Comment

Yes, well if the Lotus is "(stealing) your book", what book is it talking about? I remember that Kit and Nita gave the book to the Lotus at the end of book 1, so technically the Lotus didn't <STRIKE>steal</STRIKE> it.

...I must be completely missing something!
            "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Umm... its referring to the general mission that Nita and Kit have to do in the Dark Manhattan - technically they are 'stealing' the Book of Night With Moon back from the Lone Power. Thats where I would say it would come from.

Comment

Ah, now it completely makes sense to me. Thanks, Alla!

Comment

So, OK, where can I find the LJ featured icons which include the LOLLotus?

Sometimes I'm just a little slow.
                  Selden

Comment

They can be found over at www.youngwizards.com.
                    There's also links to some livejournal posts that have icons on them within the 'Fan Links' section.

I like the 'My other Mac... is a Manual' one.

Comment

alla,

Thanks!
                      Selden

Comment

Whoa!

I had been looking at the icon that says "my other Mac... is a Manual!" and it struck me that somewhere... I have absolutely NO clue where... that I had seen that before, and somebody had explained what it meant to me, talking about some great book series.

This is REALLY weird.... I have absolutely no clue where I may have seen it before, but some kind of instinct tells me I have.

This is going to bug me....

Comment

with risk of seeming like an idiot, what ARe the icons...*is a bit embarresed not to know, but never ever saww them referenced outside of here* and...HOLY SMOKES! THIS IS MY SECOND POST AS A SENIOR MEMBER! *Cheers* *celebrates* i half feared i wouldn't make it before monday...(there aren't many unlocked topics these days) plus there's the whole library time constraints...
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Hmm, odd... I thought that the Senior Member status was 1000 posts.... you have 964.

Actually, now that I think about it, I suppose that you get to be Senior Member when you Karma points get to be 1000, not the post count itself. Hmm.... Interesting.... *Goes off to check his own karma points*

Comment

Topics and posts are deleted sometimes, so your post count doesn't necessarily stand for your karma level.

Young reader, as alla said, when you open up the main Young Wizards site (the .com version), on the right you can see featured LJ icons. That's what the icons are. And congratulations on reaching Senior Member status.

Comment

Working...
                              X