After To visit the Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After To visit the Queen

O.k. I know that I told everyone that I didn't really like TBONWM and it's still really confusing and not exactly my fav. book, but I read To Visit the Queen anyways and I REALLY liked it, will there be another one? I guess there probably won't but.......

Live your life as if there's no tommorow, for all you know there might not be, in more ways then one.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Well, IIRC from various conversations, cooents, etc, there was originally a third book planned but since the other two apparently didn't do so well (which I think is a crying shame) it's unlikely it'll be published.
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Thhptthhhh.

Live your life as if there's no tommorow, for all you know there might not be, in more ways then one.
      *Agent~M*
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "I could live

Comment

Well. That was constructive.

--Dai Stihó

Yes, Yes, I know... I missed the chat.

Comment

Yes I know. Hee Hee Hee.

*Agent~M*
          "I could live

Comment

Oh no! I LOVE these books, esp. TBONWM, and to hear that the third one's been cancelled because no one can understand their glory - that's ridiculous!

Comment

I know it totally sucks.

*Agent~M*

"Not old enough to love as yet but old enough to die indeed" DW
              "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
              Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
              "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
              I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
              *Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

You bought the whole set? .............

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
                  "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                  Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                  "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                  I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
                  *Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

Comment

There aren't going to be any more because they didn't sell well enough? A shame; I adored BoNwM and TVtQ. They're some of my very favorite modern fantasy, just a tad below Pullman's His Dark Materials. I started off with the first four books of Young Wizards, then found out about BoNwM and fell in love. The two Feline Wizards books are probably better than any of the Young Wizard's books; certainly, they're better than any except SYWtBaW. (Diane's titles are awkward to abbreviate.) But yeah, it's really sucky that there won't be any more. Everyone go out and buy copies this afternoon, 'kay? Then maybe they'll sell well enough...

Comment

Hi Paul, cause i have not talked to you before 'welcome to the site' . But i think your wrong! the feline wizard novels are great but i don't think they are as good as the wizard novels!!! true they have alot more detail in them but they don't have have have .... the same magic as the wizard books. but your right it is a shame there not printing another one. maybe DD will release the book (if she's already written it!) on the internet or allow devoted readers like on this site to read it.

-DAZ-

Comment

I've read and loved the books in the Young Wizard series. They're just great! But when I read The Book of Night with Moon... Ugg. What went wrong with Diane Duane? TBONWM was really bad in my opinion. There's a lot you could do to clean it up. A lot of parts were pointless; ya just didn't need them. Some were just wrong. You definitly didn't need them! And the words... it's like DD suddenly liked dry words... and that's not what we want! By dry, I don't mean big.
                          M keeps on telling me the next one is really good. I hope so!
                          ... I still haven't finished TBONWM, it dissapointed me so much.

-MaThFrEaK
                          "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                          "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                          "Izza mousey!"
                          ~Gryphon~
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Actually, I think that's just because BONWM was meant for an older audience... generally, "older" books tend to have drier phrasing and slower pacing (e.g., more fiddly plot points and extra attention to character rather than plot development).

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

Comment

I suppose so...

An older audience would still demand something, though. C'mon! Massive adult books can have a lot of complicated words... but they shouldn't always be dry words. God, I spend about all my time that I read books on adult books, meaning for adults. Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn... it's packed with description and words, but Tad Williams fits them in so they aren't dry and so the book is good to read.

-MaThFrEaK
                              "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                              "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                              "Izza mousey!"
                              ~Gryphon~
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                              X