Nine Lives and Wizardry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Lives and Wizardry

I posted about my questions on the Feline Wizards Forum, before I noticed this forum. I'm just very confused and interested in how it all works, as it's a bit vague.

[edited to remove a broken link. Also moved thread out of Nitpickery and back into the Feline Wizards forum. --kli.]

I'm by no means an expert on analyzing (I'm sure i spelled that wrong) books, but i can give you my personal input:
    1.) I think because cats keep the same personalities, they have the same genders because they would think differently if they went from, say, female to male. Their spots, however, are probably luck of the draw.
    2.) I think Rhiow and Saash met again in a different life. Didn't one of the cats say something about that? I don't remember.
    3.) Mothers probabbly name their kittens. Sifha'h may have taken that name as a nickname, like some people do after they reach 18.
    4.) Interesting...

And now a personal comment: I really like the cat books, just as much as the others. It's neat the way D. D. comes up with an entirely new culture for the cats. Pity D. D. couldn't ressurect Ed from Deep Wizardry but then who would want Ed chowing on everyone in distress in NYC...

Anyone--be sure to tell me if i post too long so i can ignore you. (Excluding Forum Administrator)

Sharky

"Footsteps in the sand, show where you have been, show where you are going, but when they dissapear, never dismiss the possiblility of flight..."
    ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
    +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Wat are you talking about, Sharklord? I don't think there is such a thing as a too long post. Heh. I've had longer.

Very interesting... Maybe I should read the Book of Night With Moon, and ect.

-MaThFrEaK
      "Hehehe. You smell funny."
      "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
      "Izza mousey!"
      ~Gryphon~
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Mine are always really short anyway. I never have much to say or know how to say it but alot of them go on forever. Oh well

"Many that live deserve death,
        Many that die deserve life"
        --Lord of the Rings
        "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
        "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I have ordered the book to visit the queen on the internet!</span> It will be here in 3-8 weeks I think I should wait 'till I can get the book of night with moon before I read it though. The book of night with moon comes first right?
          (\__/)
          (+'.'+)I guess I'm helping bunny
          (")_(")

Comment

I have ordered the book to visit the queen!
            it will be here in 3-8 weeks
            I think I should read the book of night with moon first. I dose come first right? sorry if I posted this twice I don't think my first one worked.
            (\__/)
            (+'.'+)I guess I'm helping bunny
            (")_(")

Comment

The Book of Night With Moon comes before To Visit the Queen. AgentM says that you don't need to read Book of Night With Moon, and I won't argue with that. TBONWM wasn't as good as some of Diane Duane's other books. But M says To Visit the Queen was great.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
              X