A "Big Meow" update: freerange date change, ebooks, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Big Meow" update: freerange date change, ebooks, etc

First: thanks so much to everybody who's written me about the book. The sheer kindness of all of you has been really touching.

Since the announcement went up on the 2nd we've been going through some annoying technical hitches, mostly involving problems with file uploads, which in turn delayed the last chapters going up. These problems have been resolved (not in the way I would have preferred, which involved our hosting provider's servers and a sledgehammer...) and everything is fine now, with all chapters in place in both PDF and html formats, as was done in the ancient day.

However, this delay has thrown a spanner in the works regarding the date on which the book goes online-freerange, as many subscribers have not seen the final text as yet. Additionally, a lot of folks have changed email addresses, and many many availability notifications have bounced back to us. Therefore, while we contiunue tracking people down, I've decided not to let the book go freerange until later in the month: specifically, February 23rd. I hope all the non-subscribing readership will understand that I feel it fair to make every possible effort for the subscribers to be the first to see what they've waited so long for. Meanwhile, if you're reading this and haven't heard from us as we slog our way through the old database, please use the contact form to get in touch so we can mail you your user info and let you get at the end of the book.

Now comes some more technical stuff. The ebook versions of the complete text, for subscribers only, will be going up later today in the protected directory. Right now we have Kindle / .mobi and Nook / iPad / whatever .ePub formats ready to go. If any subscribers reading this have requests for other formats, please use the contact form at the-big-meow.com to let us know, and we'll see if we can accommodate you. Also, as before, if you have misplaced your subscription info or haven't heard from us yet, please use the contact form to message Lee, who will get the username / password info our to you as quickly as possible.

(PS: the cover image on the right is a placeholder. We have a request from an old friend of the project who is also a very gifted (and increasingly well-known) artist who's interested in doing the final cover, which delights me. As soon as she and I hammer out the details, we'll announce it here.)

read more

More...
Working...
X