Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I became a little lost at the end of High Wizardry can someone explain the "jist" of what happened to me?
    [i]Fairest and Fallen Greeting and Defiance[i]

I became a little lost at the end of High Wizardry can someone explain the "jist" of what happened to me?
    [i]Fairest and Fallen Greeting and Defiance[i]

Comment

I think everyone's still kinda confused on HW, but I think the gist of what happened was this: I think Dairiene made her creature things (did the species have a name?) anyways, Gigo etc, and they made their own version of the Choice, and the LP turned good, can't remember exactly how... *grr* but the LP has "shadows" of It everywhere, wherever there's evil, that's why in the other books It comes back even though one of them returned to the good side or whatever. And Peach was actually a Power disguised as a bird. And I dunno if any of that made sense, or if I'm right, I haven't read HW for a loooooooooong time, maybe I should re read it....
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

The plot of HW is basically a follow-up to what happened at the end of the first book. If you remember, Nita noticed that the LP's name ended in a modifier that meant that it could no longer change on its own, and, (seemingly) on a whim, added a stroke to it to mean that It would be given the chance to grow, if only it would accept it.

In HW, we see Its chance manifest in completion of the Choice of the Dairine's mobiles, the death of the Peach incarnation of the Winged Defender ("I struck him down once. I had to come where He could do the same to me, without my doing anything to stop him. Now the balance is even."), and Dairine's drawing of the LP into herself, offering it the road back. Whereby it took the chance, thus redeeming itself and setting into motion the redemption of all of its incarnations... but that part isn't over yet.

Or, at least, that's what I got from it. I could be misinterpreting something.

Comment

Sounds about right semiramis! the gist i got was as a speices becomes sentiant they are given a choice so that death is made part of the world they create but in there case they threw it all back and said no! so death is not a part of their world! also they are all wizards and it was mentioned that once one speices throws out death others will follow like a ripple effect! kind of liked that lone power at the end of that book, he was nicer but with an edge!! hahaha would keep you on your toes sort of power!!
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

1st thing... HW made total sense to me... PPL r all different tho, so that means that u guys might be confused. But if anyone else is confused about it, come to me and I should be able to clear it up...
            2nd thing, Vc's lil sis... Maybe it would help if you told us what you were confused about.... THEN we could tell u the answer... Because right now, there could be 1,000,000 answeres to your question plus...
            ----------------------------------------------
            Member of the DDFQOTW foundation

Forever and Always
            Nella

Comment

Leah when everyone joins this site they are always a bit confused, i was. hahahah and topics where taken literary (sorry for the spellings!)so i think vcs_lil_sis was just stating they are confused! hahaha why did i post this! what a waste of a post!!
              Following on from leah i think i might be able to help as well! so any questions and im sure between us we can come up with and answer or a guess
              Fox
              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
              X