Motherboard Planet Uses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard Planet Uses

So Dairine left a giant ubermanual planet and a race of wizards floating around in space, so that's it?
    What would it have an effect on?

I think that it could act like an antennaa for wizardry, amplifying and broadcasting the magic(or wizardry if you are being fussy) like a TV signal.

an end to entropy?

i think its will end up birthing a race of super wizards, if they really can think so much faster.

but i dont think they will be as strong as the LP outright, so entropy wont be ended anytime soon at least.

edit: i know they (dari's turtle&co) already are a super wizard race, but if for some reason they get wiped out before a new generation is borne (built? hows that work anyway) for some reason it doesnt count in my opinion.

edit2: also the planet might end up becoming some kind of last resort sanctuary. If wizards really started to lose all over the place that could be the regroup point.
    Last edited by zilvox; April 29, 2009, 04:21:46 PM.
    There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by iwantwizpod3 View Post
      So Dairine left a giant ubermanual planet and a race of wizards floating around in space, so that's it?
      What would it have an effect on?

I think that it could act like an antennaa for wizardry, amplifying and broadcasting the magic(or wizardry if you are being fussy) like a TV signal.

an end to entropy?

I think all of these are really good ideas. I think it could act as a sort of 'lighthouse' if you will. A port of wizardry and maybe producing more of themselves and have it be a place for other wizards to come and learn about computer based life-forms. It could also be a place where wizards could come and 'recharge'. It has endless possibilities for worldgates and a wizardry super computer. That would be really cool!

The planet could also reveal things about wizardry that wizards had never thought of. It basically is the manual and is wizardry so it could be very useful and intresting to see develop. It could act as an external peridex(sp?)--that thing that Nita has in her mind.

I don't know, just my random thoughts on the subject.
      Dai stiho cousins
      ~~~Ezra

Comment

Don't forget that the MotherBoard world is very far away from us and very difficult to get to.

Don't even the most powerful wizards get a lot weaker after "breakout"? Wouldn't this affect them, too?

[meta-comment]
        It's not a good idea for a hero in a story to be all-powerful. It's hard for a reader to stay interested if all of the characters' problems can be solved easily.
        Selden

Comment

The Motherboard Planet really intrigued me. I think HW kind of left a loose thread hanging leaving the planet the way it did.

I like the idea of using it as a R&R place for wizards, though I don't think the mobiles would like it. We already think slowly, and if we're relaxing, it'll be even slower. I think it should be a scholarly place instead. Especially since the Motherboard can hold so much info, wizards could look up whatever they wanted, or come to add info about their home planets to it's database.

The name Motherboard makes me think of that kids show, Cyberchase.

Wow, just realized, I don't think I've ever used this smiley... What does it mean anyway? Loneliness?
          "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Originally posted by estar9821 View Post
            The name Motherboard makes me think of that kids show, Cyberchase.
            ?
            Hacker Alert! Hacker Alert! lol.

Well, that's what you get with two little brothers. At least my sister is old enough not to incessantly watch one Barbie movie after another like she used to. Then again, at least with that I could console myself with the fact that DD wrote Fairytopia.

Ooookay, moving on...

Isn't this topic sorta kinda worked out already? We've seen in W@W that the Motherboard is now a wizardly research center- that passes back techniques to the Powers- and the matter of the planet itself is becoming permeated with wizardry, meaning that it is starting to anticipate the wants of whoever is there at the moment- a chair each for Dairine and Roshaun (and their oh-so-interesting conversation that I STILL havn't satisfactorily worked out the fractions on), for example.

Then again, there's plenty to be thought about in a planet that is slightly telepathic. Hmm, would that mean the Motherboard herself is being terraformed, or only her surface? Is this her "brain" doing the work, or something like benevolent cancer cells- part of the body, but with their own agenda?

Comment

Working...
            X