Spot (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot (ish)

Someone posed this picture forever and ever ago, and I don't think it's still on the server. We're wiping out old comp, and I came across it wilst getting my files off of it. Andyway, when they posted it (I forget who it was, it was that long ago), thye swore it wasn't photoshoped. I duhno. But anyway, enjoy. (And if it's yours, pleasepleaseplease lay claim!)

vv
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

That is totally awesome!

I do have to wonder about the claim that it wasn't Photoshopped. The boot-up screen on the Apple powerbooks is actually part of the hardware, so you can't change it like you can change the desktop. Unless the author of this photograph is a complete Mac geek (which is a huge compliment, btw), I think it's been photoshopped.

I guess (this is theoretical) that you might be able to mess with the hard drive to get the boot-up screen to change, but it'd be awfully hard.

But that's just my two cents, so, if i'm wrong, someone tell me!

Dai
    Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Well, the system itself is a whitebook. Which just means a generic laptop. Plus, since Apple's announced they're going with intel parts. ( YAY INTEL), anything is possible. Although you'd probably have to pull an Apple hard drive from a G4 Notebook or something. Or just transplant the case, but with a laptop, that would be really hard.

Edit Oh yeah. Another thought. It might just be...well, on my laptop, I created a folder with just my desktop image, and set that folder to be the folder referenced for the screen saver, which meant when the screen saver came on, it was just that one picture. Very neat.

Either way, a wicked representation. Just needs eyes.

hehe.
      http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Hmm... Interesting I might see what I can do with mine - not actually change the boot up thing, I don't want to mess with my warranty, but yes... perhaps a screensaver?

*huggles Lappy* The powerbooks are awesome! They keyboards rock, and I have no other complaints so far, except about stupid computer salesmen in computer stores not knowing anything about them. I might have to actually go back to the apple shop... Thats a fairly old Powerbook *squints* g4 - the ones now don't have the speakers at the side like that, or at least all the ones that I've seen don't.

Anyway, cool pic.

Alla

Comment

Actually, Alla, that PowerBook's only a couple of years old. I have one like that, and it's not too old. (the next sentence is me doing my pitch for apple's products) The newest PowerBooks come in 12", 15", and 17" versions, and their speakers are a little bit different than the previous version's.

That's an interesting idea about the screensaver. You could probably take a picture of the bootup screen and set it as the screensaver. I hadn't thought about that.

I guess we'll never know, unless the person who took the picture will come up from the depths of mystery and tell us.

Dai
          Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

That has to be photoshopped in some way...

The apple logo is supposed to have a bite correct?

look at the pic. the apple has no bite, so either the guys is a wizard or is good with photoshop

Comment

Um.....Cyber Mirage: Did you read ANY of the above posts?

That is totally wicked. I'm going to set my screensaver to that picture. Of the apple, not the laptop.

Comment

When I say photoshopped I mean either that picture or the pic on the laptop...

Comment

Wow, it really does look like Spot, for the most part. Besides the fact that it reads "Powerbook G4" (or at least that's what it looks like) rather then Apple +111c or whatever Spot is. It's interesting anyway.

Comment

*thought spot was much smaller*

<span class="ev_code_white">didn't it say in A Wizard Alone that Spot had legs and eyes(somethin like that)</span>

Just adding spoiler-protection for AWAl; select text to read - Peter
                    ~*If Time Has A Heart, Its Only Becuase Other Hearts Stop*~

Comment

Originally posted by Mimi_Fire:
                      *thought spot was much smaller*

<span class="ev_code_white">didn't it say in A Wizard Alone that Spot had legs and eyes(somethin like that)</span>
                      Uhh, Mimi, it might help to notice that this topic is in the High Wizardry forum, so anything in the later books doesn't (at least shouldn't) apply here. To avoid any spoilers for later books, I shall say no more about Spot here. The image does do a pretty good impression of what we might imagine Spot to be, although HW was written in 1990, so it may not be what DD had in mind. Now this image would be even better if the bedcovers the laptop was on had some kind of Star Wars themed design to it .
                      ---------------------------
                      "The law of entropy is just a complicated way of explaining why some things don't happen very often."
                      -Norman Christ, Professor of Physics, Columbia University (Does the Lone One know this? :P)

Comment

It does look alot like spot! Wow Thats cool! I wanna make a screen saver on my (broken) comp that looks like the screen of that lap top! Well first I got to see whats wrong with my comp and either repair it or just get rid of it. Anyway C ya later!
                        ~Azen
                        In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by sker'ret:
                          That is totally awesome!

I do have to wonder about the claim that it wasn't Photoshopped. The boot-up screen on the Apple powerbooks is actually part of the hardware, so you can't change it like you can change the desktop. Unless the author of this photograph is a complete Mac geek (which is a huge compliment, btw), I think it's been photoshopped.

I guess (this is theoretical) that you might be able to mess with the hard drive to get the boot-up screen to change, but it'd be awfully hard.

But that's just my two cents, so, if i'm wrong, someone tell me!

Dai
                          actually you could change the boot screen (at least with windows), not many people know how to do it, but it is possible, I've done it before when it came with a desktop themes I used
                          ~~~
                          No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

interesting...sure it wasn't photoshopped?

Comment

WoW!
                              That's so cool. How did you get that? Or was that photoshopped? Anway thats still really cool. I thought Spot was slightly smaller though.
                              Ali
                              Vampires are love.

Comment

Working...
                              X