No announcement yet.

The Big Meow (no spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, I just have a thing for copy paste. :P It's pretty much the first thing I learned to do on the computer, so it's habit now. And either way, it would be a file (yes, I know your way is makes more sense, but old habits die hard) so I'm assuming it's okay to copy paste. (?)

-peri

Comment

I just joined I've never read any of these. Would someone please tell me abought it.

Comment

*quietly pokes his head through the fabric (which is, interestingly enough, fleece) of forum space/time to ask* So, Ch. 5 isn't out yet, right? I have a subscription, and I'd hate to be missing it just because the listserv is acting up...

Hey, and welcome, K-K, welcome to the madhouse. So, anyway, someone will probably tell you something about one-liners. Since DD pays by post (or at least I assume she still does--I'm very old (in terms of being here) but I've been away from the forums regularly for some time. So yeah, just bear it in mind, but don't stress.

The Feline Wizards novels are a semi-paralell series to the YW books, in that Nita/Kit/others make cameos into the Feline series every now and then, but aren't part of the main plot. The Feline series follows the adventures of a gating technician team of cats, and The Big Meow is third book, which is being written online and published periodically. It will eventually be bound and sold as a real book. You can head over to the Erranty Concordance to look up more info...

Anyway, welcome! Have fun, play nice, and maybe you'll spot me again . Find the other oldbies, they'll take care of you: Check for Gryph, WildFlower, PM, Kli6 (aka Kathy), and anyone who's been here awhile.

Oh, and btw, Gryph perfers to be called "Skitty" by her friends. (Tell her Sharky said to do that.) Anyway, enjoy the forums!
        ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
        +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Kira-Kira, you might also want to check out the Books FAQ which discusses a few of the other non-YW book series that Diane Duane writes, such as her Star Trek Rihannsu series, and the "Door" books.

Also, there's DD's bibliography, which lists a lot of her short stories and where to find them.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Just a short post to point out that DD just blogged that Chapter 5 has now gone free-range for all you non-subscribers. Get it while it's hot!

http://www.the-big-meow.com/ch5/
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Just in case you missed it, DD has posted that Chapter 7 will (all factors being favorable and the stars aligned) be up on Friday.

Comment

I have never read the Big Meow. How is it?
                I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

It's only half-written (for some approximation of half), but that half is available on-line, so you can read for yourself. I'm not holding my breath waiting for the next chapter, because it seems any time Diane says she's about to get down to writing more, something comes along to frustrate the process.

Update: ...and barely 12 hours later, DD posts this.
                  -- Rick.

Comment

http://www.the-big-meow.com/node/67

Has DD been "up north" all this time? If not, does she need gentle prodding again?
                    Thanks,
                    -LU

Comment

Working...
                    X