No announcement yet.

Flaming Water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a really good theory, but wouldn't S'reee have said something if their air had been diminished so much by fire? Or they would have noticed...fire uses up air very quickly.
    I'm crying cuz things aren't how
    they used to be
    she said,
    "The battle's almost won
    and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

I think that they didnt do the battle because of time . they didn't have enough time to do the battle so they didnt do it.
      Dai stiho cousins
      ~~~Ezra

Comment

Originally posted by wizardsrreal:
        I think that they didnt do the battle because of time . they didn't have enough time to do the battle so they didnt do it.
        They did battle the squid.. squids (what is the plural of squid?) on the way down, which battle are you talking about WRR? If you're thinking of an actual battle between the wizards and the Lone Power, they were never planning one, from the way I read it. The 'battle' was the TwelveSong - a re-enactment of the Choice that the whales made. Had everything gone exactly to plan, the only one to die should have been Nita, but there was a willing substitute.

Comment

I had my doubts about the flaming water too, until I read something in an issue of National Gegraphic about ways in which water is weird (yay for alliteration!). (One example; ice, when compressed does not get more compacted, like other solid materials. Instead, it turns back from ice, into water, something no other substance does.) I believe this article mentioned the phenomena of burning water, but I'm not quite sure I'm remembering correctly.

I do know that it had something to do with carbon bonds, though. That the carbon bonds in water reaction in different ways than carbon in other compounds.

But I'll leave the high level chem up to you guys.
          ---------------------------
          ~
          And we go on...

Comment

Have a look

I think there was some mention of the ocean floor opening up and the water heating up from it during the Song. If the water had come in contact with the lava - usually containing sulfur gas, then there would have been something there to burn.

Comment

Working...
            X