last days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last days

ok you just found out you play the silent one in the song of 12 and you will die in about 3 days... what would you do if you were in that situation? keep in mind
    1)your parents do not know your a wizard
    2) you have an extreamly smart sister (or brother)
    3)and your best friend is there who you are beginning to realize you like more than friends.
    its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

I make my will, say everything I need to to my friend and sister to make sure that when I go all business is concluded and there are no loose strings, and that it's not their fault and that it was my choice (and that they make sure Mom & Dad know that, too), get a good meal, try and fail to get some sleep, and then I go study my part in the song. Really hard.

That's probably what I would do.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Much as I like to help other people, and of course I would be horrified by the consequences, but I'm not sure I would be able to go through with it.

However, this is me speaking as me, here, now, not believeing in an afterlife - if I did, things might be different.

Comment

I would make sure I make amends with my loved ones but especially my enemies. There is nothing that I see worse then leaving this world on a bad note. I would practice my part of the song. I would tell my parents what I am. I would tell my friend how I feel. And I would pray a lot. That's what I would do.
        Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
        Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

That's hard... Of course, I want to say that I would still go through with it, but I'm not sure that I could...just thinking about how that would affect everyone around me is inbearable...I couldn't just leave them all behind. But at the same time, I couldn't just let all those innocent people die because I was too chicken to die for them...its a dilemma...
          Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

there go the question, but still wheter you deside to go though with it or not, what would you do, i mean first off of course i would tell my parents so at least they know that if you died or i died, i went with pride in saving the world, i would tell the smart butt to bugger off and i love you but your annoying, (then give her/ him a really big hug and kiss). and the friend i would say somthing along the lines of bye but not say i like him/ her
            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

i've always wanted to save the world...i've just always hoped i wouldn't have to die (or have a sword or arrow rammed into my boddy since that happens in all versions of the book i'm writing...) to do it...but i'd like ot think i'd go through with it. i mean, if i DIDN"T the world would be doomed anyways, so it's either die there, or die later after excrutiating torture at the hands of the lone power....and anyways, if i'm going to die, i'd like it to happen doing something like that.../
              i guess i'd tell my parents what i am, finish up all buisness, get a best friend to promise to finish my book for me, and keep the series going (for all eternity, passing it on to someone else after they die, if possible....) and hope till the death there really IS an afterlife.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Great topic! Hmm, hmm, this is very tough....

Considering my parents didn't know I was a wizard, I would probably type out a long, LOOONG paper explaining what was going on, and make it as clear as possible.... That way I'd be able to explain to them as thoroughly as I could the situation, why I'm doing it, etc. I'd do that a few days before the song. I'd let them read it after I'd gone to bed, and the next day they could ask me questions.

Considering my genius sister (I actually do have one... although I wouldn't quite call her a genius, she's very smart, I must admit)... I'd do the same procedure with her.

My best friend isn't a girl but I'll improvise for the sake of this discussion.

I'd probably spend a ton of time with my friend, and do a lot of things, like have dinner with her, go to the movies, and simply hang out.... Have her meet S'reee.... Whatever else she'd want to do....

Other tasks I'd do was make a list with what I'd want done with all my possessions. Some if it that I never used much, or never used with my friends, I'd have my parents donate to appropriate people/organizations. Books, clothes, etc. Some of the stuff that more involved my friends, like my laptop.... Hmm.... Actually, this is tough.... I'd want that to go to my second oldest friend; we've been friends since fourth grade...he's the one I use it the most with... to make crazy voice recordings and mess them all up with Audacity.... Although my sister would get the most use out if it; I'd let them work that out. My Wii I'd want to go to my oldest friend, who I've been friends with since second grade.... He's obsessed with it.... And my bunk bed. I'd want that to go to my newest friend. He has a lot of sleep overs, so he'd get good use out of it.... I don't know what I'd want to give to my second-newest and best friend.... He has all of the above, plus much more.... I know! I'd want my ATV to go to him. He's the one I ride it with the most. Now, that's all of my major possessions. Everything else I own is little stuff, books, toys, school supplies (do WHATEVER you want with them! ) etc. that my friends and my family (extended too) could work out amongst themselves what to do with.
                "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

hmm verry deataild eric... yes verry detaild... it seems you already have this planned out... have you been hiding anything... hmmm ok...

ok lets see i would first tell my parents what i am of course. i would want then to know how and why i died...

seconed i would tell my little brother to bug off i mean geezz you smart butt somtimes you can be too much... then id give him a big hug and tell him jow much i love him.

last i would hang out with my friend movies and stuff then the day before the last one i would tell em..

yes that does it...

Comment

Hey, let's remember capitals and spelling, okay Wizy?

If I knew I was going to die by playing the silent one...well, I'd definitely want to make sure that everything was taken care of before I died, and I'd tell my family what was going to happen. I'd tell my family to tell my friends that I died in a car crash or something, because somehow I don't think they'd believe that I'd sacrificed myself to save the world Then I would go study my part and tell myself it would only be a short moment of pain, then Timeheart.
                    "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                    Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Its a very good question.
                      And very hard to answer, because I don't want to die, but I couldn't bear to let others die because of me. So I would probably tell my parent's what I was, Tell Them That I Love Them More Than Life Its Self, and ask them not to suffer because of me, because that would make leaving them harder than ever. Then I would inform all of my friends, and tell them never to give up hope in life, that there is a magical world out there and that we are protecting life for them. Then I say good bye to my twin brother, ask him not to be a big pain on my parents, and then hug him and tell him how much I love him. Finally I would kiss my cats good bye, practice my part in the song, and pray against all else that I would go to time heart. Also, Just Before I Left I would tell my partner how much I LOVE him and give him a good kiss.
                      So when I died I would know that everybody knew it had been my choice, and that I loved them and would be waiting for them in TimeHeart!
                      After that lets just hope that my sacrifice helped save the world from destruction and saved millions of lives.
                      Kardia

Comment

Yes, this is a little late, but I just joined...
                        I would have a hard time, I think, but I would do it. I think I would tell my family what was happening, and try to make them know I didn't want them to be sad. I would make a will, but mostly I would spent time with everyone I loved. Especially my family. I wouldn't be able to not do this (I think) - I would know I was speeding up entropy otherwise, and that I would lose wizardry - I couldn't do that. And there is always Timeheart...
                        "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

I thinl i would probably do it, because
                          Originally posted by young reader:
                          the world would be doomed anyways, so it's either die here or die later after excruciating torture.
                          But not only that, because I wouldn't just speed up entropy and let everyone die because of me. I also probably wouldn't want to lose my wizardry for breaking my oath.
                          Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I would tell them everything, the wizardry, the fact that I would be about to die in order to keep very bad things from happening. I would be nervous as to how they would take it, but I would tell them. I would try to make sure good byes were done, and that there was a plausable half-truth ready as to why I died, so no one was accused of... homicide or something. I would probably 'read the fine print' a little more before agreeing to be the Silent One, assuming that was in a world where the books weren't or I hadn't read them... Lyf thwi cegra nda enevr orfteg atwh asw.
                            On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
                            -Twilight Eve Golden
                            Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
                            Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

I think that I would tell my parents about my wizardry, and how important it was that i do anything that I could to help life. and then I would leave the next morning, leaving a note that explained everything else, and with a plausible excuse for them to tell people about how I had died. This is assuming I didn't have a partner in wizardry. If I did, then I would tell him/her to tell my parents about it and they could help them come up with an excuse when they got back. Maybe. But I might still prefer the note. After all, I wouldn't want the person i did wizardry with to get in trouble with my parents. I doubt it, but it is possible. or I might just tell them straight out and explain why... I don't know. I would just want to let them know. I think i would know what I would do better if I was actually in that situation. But i'm not. so I can't say for sure; but I do know that my parents would end up knowing everything.
                              Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Working...
                              X