Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite character in Deep Wizardry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite character in Deep Wizardry?

I liked S'reee and the Master Shark, Ed.

neets will always be my fave; im the most like her. but i love everybody: sker'et,roshaun,filif,carmela,kit,ponch,piccu(sp?) ,tom,carl,s'reee,ed,fred,even the lp has is own mistique. DD is good at making her charachters real.

-peri

Comment

Originally posted by the_peridexis:
      even the lp has is own mistique. DD is good at making her charachters real.

-peri
      I agree that DD is REALLY good at making them real, and that's the reason I actually think that the supposed-to-be villain, Ed, is the most interesting. By being friends with Nita, he is putting the great task at risk. His bravery in solving the problem, returned things to their usual, if not better, condition.

Oh.. and he's very hilarious too!!

Yeah.. that's almost(??) about it..

Comment

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">I liked S'ree. She is so cool. But I definitely still like Kit and Nita. I mean, all of DD's characters are so cool! It's so hard to just pick ONE.</span>

Comment

I found Ed to be the most intriguing character in DW. His humor amused me, as did his way of looking at things. He was such an interesting character.

However, I liked S'ree the best. Her personality was too kind not to like. Nita got on my nerves with not understanding just what she was getting herself into, and Kit's personality changes kind of freaked me out. Oh, and don't get me wrong. I still love Nita, 'cause she's an amazing person and wizard. It's just that her ignorance bothered me a bit, though her bravery made me like her more, if that makes any sense. You know how you can get into a book so much that you feel like you're there? That's how it was just about the whole time in DW.
          <3
          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

.... dono

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I think Ed was my favorite.
              I also think Ed is misunderstood for most of the book.

His life's work is quite simple.
              In his own words, "I end distress; that's my job." (pg.137, DW)
              That doesn't A) make him a bad person, or shark, or whatever or B) mean killing the person in distress, all the time.
              Think about it...
              Isn't Nita in distress, when she figures she has to sacrifice herself?
              Isn't the ending of her distress directly linked to Ed's actions?
              Ed ended her distress...without killing her.

He's just misunderstood.
              Dai,
              at least for a little,
              </span>
              ~~~~~~~~
              Should the Transcendent Pig be reading this post...What's the meaning of life?

Comment

I like S'reee, but Kit will always be my favorite.

Comment

I agree, I like ed'Rashtekaresket. Ha, hope I got that right, I didn't look at the book.
                  His outlook on the world is different, as is at least one character in every YW book I've read so far.
                  "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

I love Kit in DW. He's funnier in the later books, but in the earlier ones he's so vulnerable, and yet so brave and determined at the same time... "that size twelve courage packed into his size ten body." I think that describes him perfectly. And he cares about Nita so much, and it hasn't gotten as complicated for him yet as it has for Nita. I love when he stands up to Nita's dad, and also the last time they're on the surface before the song, dog-paddling in human bodies, and he feels horrible for not volunteering to be the Silent Lord instead of Nita.
                    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
                    -- Charles Shulz

Comment

I liked Dairine in DW...annoying little sister who spys on Nita and trys to figure out what she's up too. I loved the "Listen to the knight" thing and her reaction to Nita going to the moon without her. Good times...
                      "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

My favorite

Charachter is hotshot because he is so upbeat and carefree

Comment

Originally posted by J*8 View Post
                          <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I think Ed was my favorite.
                          I also think Ed is misunderstood for most of the book.

His life's work is quite simple.
                          In his own words, "I end distress; that's my job." (pg.137, DW)
                          That doesn't A) make him a bad person, or shark, or whatever or B) mean killing the person in distress, all the time.
                          Think about it...
                          Isn't Nita in distress, when she figures she has to sacrifice herself?
                          Isn't the ending of her distress directly linked to Ed's actions?
                          Ed ended her distress...without killing her.

He's just misunderstood. </span>

I never thought of that! "Ended her distress without killing her"-That is so...perfect! DD is brilliant. Thank you for that insight.

And Ed is my favorite as well, along with the Blue who sang. Was his name A'rrooon? I can't remember, but I like him anyway.

Poor Arienne.

Comment

Working...
                          X