how many whales???!!! song of twelve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many whales???!!! song of twelve

there were a lot of whales in the song of 12 right? i think the best part of hte book is the song of twelve another good part is when they shapechange!!!
    Dai stiho cousins
    ~~~Ezra

Hmm, I've never counted before. There's only eight whales in the latest Song of the Twelve? That's misrepresentation or something !

(Hotshot was a dolphin, so a cetacean rather than a whale, Ed'Rashtekaresket t'k Gh'shestaesteh was a shark, Nita - well, sort of a whale, but not really, and the Lone Power's not a whale either.)
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

cool thanks
      Dai stiho cousins
      ~~~Ezra

Comment

Hmmm... thats a good point. But how many were there in the first Song anyway. Its a max of ten, because there are eleven celebrants plus the Lone Power. Minus one for the Master Shark *goes to look it up*.

The Singer: - Humpback (S'reee sings it, could possibly have been so in the first one)
        The Gazer: Pilot Whale in DW
        The Blue: probably a blue initially - sung by aroooon
        The Sounder: Beluga whale in DW
        The Gray Lord: probably a gret whale initially, sung by Areinnye (a sperm)
        The Listener: - a right whale in DW
        The Killer: killer whale
        The Wanderer: - sung by Hotshot The original singer isn't mentioned
        The Forager: a beaked whale of some description - sung by roots
        The Silent Lord: humpback - from chapter three
        S'reee
        The original Silent Lord was a humpback (page 52 in the copy I have
        The Master Shark: Ed???
        The Lone Power: speaks for Itself

It is possible, and perhaps more than likely that there was a dolphin in the original Song - some of the Celebrants original forms aren't mentioned (unless I missed something). I'd've thought that they would try to keep as close as they could to the original Celebrants - such as Ed ....

Alla

Comment

In answering the topic's title, there are 12 sea-ish things in the song of twelve. Not all of them were whales, you see.

Gah, short post. *is being eaten by Poot*
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

gryphon i alredy knew that
            Dai stiho cousins
            ~~~Ezra

Comment

wizardsrreal: I would just like to ask you to not post so many oneliners. It costs DD more money without adding that much to the forum. If you wish to post something, make it a long one, even if it is just talking about random stuff that has something vaguely(or not at all) to do with the topic.

just a warning before gryph jumps on you and yells at you

Comment

I don't think the book ever said there were 12 whales in the twelvesong, you just assume there are since Nita and Kit are whales. It's probably just called the Song of the Twelve to allow for a little wiggle room.
                I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                they used to be
                she said,
                "The battle's almost won
                and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Yeah I was just wondering about the whales, because i know that all of them aren't whales because of the LP and hotshot and ed. alla- what is AAOFEFTTOTWFC
                  Dai stiho cousins
                  ~~~Ezra

Comment

Not to mention Nita and Kit! Didn't S'ree or Ed (or someone) make a reference to that Song, being one of the most unusual the sea had seen or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe:
                      Not to mention Nita and Kit! Didn't S'ree or Ed (or someone) make a reference to that Song, being one of the most unusual the sea had seen or something like that?
                      Yes, I think it was basicly both of them, but I think ed made it more known
                      ~~~
                      No Comments...Wait, that's a Comment!

Comment

i kinda miss dear Ed...

Comment

Working...
                        X