Confusing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing...

Hello all! I'm just wondering if anyone else has a hard time following the song of twelve, it may just be me (I tend to speed read a little too often) but I find that it moves pretty fast, and so much happens at once or right after the other that I find it hard to recall parts! Please reply to this because I am hoping that it is not just me who feels this way! It's confuzzling!
    xx
    Julie H.
    oo

Well... I haven't read Deep Wizardry for a while, my sisters been borrowing it for almost a year........ But the Song is kinda like a play I guess. The whales are "singing" about their Choice and what happened. With the whales that wanted to accept the Lone One's "Gift", the ones who didn't, and the undecided. And then there was the Silent One who...... well this is where I'm forgetting cuz it was kinda confusing for me too. But I THINK the Silent One sacrificed herself for the whales because she knew she couldn't accept the "gift" but she knew she couldn't not accept it either..... I think. But I can't remember why she couldn't not accept it... I'm a little rusty onf the Song.... maybe I should look that up again....
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

As Agent M said.

The Song really has a life of its own. The celebrants aren't just picked for their species; they're picked for similarity to the original participants and they all face different temptations by the Lone Power according to their personality.

It offers S'Ree talent and the illusion of freedom from rules.
      It offers Arooon power over others.
      It offers Fluke learning and lore.
      It offers T!h!ki knowledge.
      It offers Areinnye revenge.
      It offers Kit time...for himself and Nita.

The idea is that the Silent Lord accepted Death, but not on the Lone Power's terms; he would have attached misery and fear to it. By this, the Silent Lord made death into a pathway to a new stage of existence. Because of that, the sea animals are not afraid of death and they have a great resistance to the Lone Power.

Obviously, there was trouble this time. The Lone Power managed to subvert Areinnye and so almost sabotaged the entire effort. Luckily, Kit was there to replace her and the others managed to keep Areinnye from killing Nita. Areinnye betrayed them, though, and hurt Ed seriously. At that point, Ed decided to use Nita's power to call for help and take her place.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Ahh... Yeah now I remember.......
        *grr!* My sister lost my copy of DW!!!!!!!
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

I wasn't meaning the actual song was confusing, more the events that take place while they are performing the song, they seem to move incredibly quickly from event to event. I understand the song. I think! LOL!
          xx
          Julie H.
          oo

Comment

This isn't going to help sort out any confusion, but Telaldalin started to pick smileys for the Twelve in chat. Gryphon and I nitpicked, and the list came out to:

* Untouched:
            Singer
            Blue
            Gazer (or )
            * Betrayed:
            Wanderer
            Killer
            Forager
            * Undecided:
            Sounder
            Listener
            Grey Lord
            * And:
            Silent Lord
            Pale Slayer (or the jawdrop)
            Stranger

I just hope two things:
            1) Nobody asks us how we came up with this list.
            2) Nobody asks us why we came up with this list.
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

*dies laughing* AHAHAHAHA.

*giggles hopelessly* Those are brilliant. I'm particularly partial to Forager and Silent Lord.
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Terrific! Maybe the icons panel needs a tiny shark.

Comment

The Pale Slayer is my favorite.
                  Ed: Hey Nita, how's it goin'?
                  I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                  they used to be
                  she said,
                  "The battle's almost won
                  and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Working...
                  X