"Read the fine print before you sign!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Read the fine print before you sign!"

I can scarcely believe this hasn't occurred to me already...given that I first read DW almost twenty years ago...

...but what if Nita had read the fine print before she signed? What if she'd taken another role in the Song of the Twelve, or if she'd just held an observer's post? Who would have got the Silent Lord's part instead, and what would have come of it? Would New York City still be there, and would Ed still be alive? Would Nita's parents even know she and Kit are wizards?

(I remember closing DW to go down to the basement and watch the latest episode of "Starman", and being so caught up in the book that I couldn't concentrate and had to quit watching and start reading again--even though the book could wait.)

If she woulden't have taken the Silent Lords part I would think that they would all be dead. I mean, who would sacrafice themself for the sake of everyone else?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    **Neets**
    CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

S'reee answered that question - she was worried she'd have to be the Silent Lord, and was grateful to Nita for volunteering. If Nita had never offered, S'reee would be dead, probably, but the ceremony would have continued.

My guesses as to the answers:
      Ed might be alive, if Areinnye hadn't had Nita to focus her anger on. NYC would probably still be there. If Dairine was nosy enough, she'd still have gone off in HW, making Nita and Kit follow her; and they'd have to have told their families, I suppose.

I wondered why Nita agreed so casually, but decided after a while that I must have misunderstood what she'd agreed to. When I got to the bit where she realises, I thought "Oh, she misunderstood; I was right" and went to bed. Spent the next day at work wondering how DD was going to get her out of it, and grabbed the book as soon as I got home. Deep Space Nine didn't stand a chance of being watched that day . Sometimes, books can't wait.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

i think you might be right peter murray i have to say that deep wizardry is the best book so far i almost missed my hockey game (finals) because i was so caught up in the book
        Thomas Hildebrandt

Comment

lol! I stayed up till 2 in the morning reading it. I was supposed to be asleep at 10... I loved it! It is my fav. so far.
          **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Woah. I reacted completely different. For me, it was more like, "what does she think she did?" And then I started to get sick of the book because it wasn't going anywhere fast enough. So instead of slamming through it, desperate to find out how all of this would end, I nearly put it down and moved on to a different book.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

No way! I thought it moved at a well enough pace. It was sooo good! I think I really liked it because it was after Nita and Kits ordeal and they are bf. That was cool. And they were on a vacation at the beach. I love the beach!
              **Neets**

Comment

Gryphon - Oh man! You really didn't finish the book? Where did you stop? You probably missed the best stuff!

This is probably my favorite of the series. It may not have a lot of the kind of action many people want, but it has plenty of plot and some great characters. Not to mention a few of the best scenes. (Nita talking to Ed, Nita telling her parents about wizardry, her consultation with Carl.) Agreed, it's a little more of a thinker than most, but I often like that.
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I did finish the book. I only said I nearly didn't. I did like the part when Nita told her parents.
                  Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

That was a really happy part I luffed it all! I especially liked ponch in it. If you look there and then at Wizards Holiday, you can see a major diffrence in his vocabulary and actions.
                    **Neets**

Comment

...heh, DW is one of those books that's best read infrequently, metink... then you still get some of that suspense ^.^

(actually, it's weird... has anyone else noticed that the YW series has in common with the HP series that the second one is the most suspenseful? and that the fifth is the darkest, and that the fourth involves foreign countries, and... O.O *whispers* conspiracy...)

Comment

Yah, true..but YW came out wayyy before HP. No offence to those of you who picked it up when it came out.
                        **Neets**

Comment

Hee... but there's plenty of us out there who are convinced JKR is stealing from DD XD

(probably not likely, tho. DD may be convinced she shouldn't read HP, but it seems to me that most authors seem to know each other... if someone really thought JKR was stealing from DD, she--DD, that is--probably would have gotten word of it. I wonder if pros are as enthusiastic about pouncing on rippers as we webbies are...? Probably not via flame-wars, tho XD)

Comment

The only thing I really don't like about DW is necessary: How things just keep getting worse and worse. Dairine, Nita's parents, the underwater timeflow, the untimate confrontation...and how her parents nearly didn't believe her T_T
                            ...I think I got too caught up in it. All of that was very upsetting to me...a bit too upsetting, for ficticious stuff...whatever.
                            I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                            they used to be
                            she said,
                            "The battle's almost won
                            and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

You mean, Ankaa, that DW hit a little too closely to home? Oh, yeah. First time I listened through it, I cried through most of the end of it. (Thankfully, I don't think anyone noticed.) It's a painful story, and can be very personal. But fiction has always played with the boundaries between the fictional and fantastic and its intersection with reality, where things aren't always easy. Anyway...
                              I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Working...
                              X