Typo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo??

i believe i've found a typo on page 505... at the top of page 505, there's the italics part. then, the normal part, and then there's a random quote mark at the end... i noticed it last night at somewhere around midnight, and today it's just bugging me...

Yeah, that's a typo. There should be a quotation mark at the beginning of "It won't work. Kit will die someday..."

I've actually spotted a couple other typos as well. On pg. 418, second to last paragraph, it says:
    Now to get this back to her, he thought, and put everything right. Finally, finally we'll be free!
    The "he thought" shouldn't be italicised.

And on pg. 543, fourth paragraph:
    Nita glanced at it as he came up behind, then went back to gazing at Mars.
    I'm pretty sure this should say "Nita glanced at him as he came up behind", since there's nothing else she could be glancing at other than Kit or Mars.

I think I found another, but I can't think of where it is, and currently don't feel like skimming the entire book to try and find it :P. That's the only thing I don't like about buying the first printing of a book: the typos.

ETA: And by the way, just noticed you joined this month. Welcome to the forums!

Though, knowing DD, they may very well be on purpose "By necessity every book must have at least one flaw..."
    Last edited by Elita Justice; June 8, 2010, 07:25:10 PM.

Comment

More that one flaw eh? I actually found a couple.

For example, on page 383 Carmela says Kit will be back at six from Mars, cuz the family has dinner reservations at 7, but then twice later it's stated he needed to be back at 5 for a 6 o'clock dinner. Highlighted of course by Kit being a half hour late.

No idea why this bugged me, but it did.

Comment

Working...
      X