cursing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cursing?

i just read that Nita curses in the book a wizard of mars i don't have it yet but i want to know how much she does curse is it a little like once in a long while or a lot because i liked the young wizards series because it focused on the plot and the characters weren't saying bad words so if you read the whole book how much does nita curse this will decide if i buy and read the book because i don't read books if the characters curse a lot

how much definition since everyone has a different view on this

a little to me is like once in a long while like once in one chapter like it just slipped out or during an augment just a few times though out the book

medium when the cursing gets a bit iffy like a few times like every other chapter

a lot when i don't read the book examples every other word every chapter up to every sentence

i just don't read books where they character curse a lot if its only once in a while but if it seems like shes doing it all the time so please answer ASAP since i want to read books and this is one of my fav series

Also is the book dark? like scary ect..

Thanks!

I would not worry that much with the 'cursing' as it where. While yes, there is some, there isn't that much to bother anyone. If you would prefer a number of times, I would say around three (3) times.

Anyway, if you are worried with the cursing, there is nothing to fret about. All the situations that it happens is justifiable and with cause. They make sense for the situation she's in, as well as what her emotions are at the given time.

There is no need to worry with this book. It's a great read, one of the best in the series I personally would say. And you will find a great deal to think about as you read it.

Gibby Gibson
    "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

You got me interested in exactly how many curses there are in AWOM, so I skimmed through my copy and counted. I don't know what you would consider a curse, so I counted everything from "bugger off" to the crude version of a female dog. The only thing I didn't count was the "oh god" and "oh, my god"s. My count is 23 over 550 pages. If you want more complete information, message me and I can get you the information. Also, if you could handle W@W, you should be able to handle AWOM. Hope this helps!
      I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
      Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
      ~Book junkie~

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_bookworm View Post
        I don't know what you would consider a curse, so I counted everything from "bugger off" to the crude version of a female dog.
        Maybe my version of a curse word is much more then you. I don't see Bugger off as anything bad personally, so I didn't consider that in my previous post. I must just be a little more 'laxed about then some. Oh well.

I do want to think you for the effort. It's nice of you to skim through your copy for this.

Gibby Gibson
        "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Well, in response to "bugger off", there's, "Language!", so I counted it. I'm kind of relaxed about language as well. I don't find very many things as curses, just the standard ones. And thank you, to Gibby Gibson, for the compliment.
          I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
          Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
          ~Book junkie~

Comment

thanks! i Consider anything anything that gets *** out on on websits and kids online games as a curse bugger off is more like Rons bloody hell a big annoying but more of a nicer way to say go away im angery and ron used the term to mean thats amazing but it fit his character and the setting so it works

ill be getting this books sometime! thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardprincess View Post
              i just read that Nita curses in the book a wizard of mars i don't have it yet but i want to know how much she does curse is it a little like once in a long while or a lot because i liked the young wizards series because it focused on the plot and the characters weren't saying bad words so if you read the whole book how much does nita curse this will decide if i buy and read the book because i don't read books if the characters curse a lot

how much definition since everyone has a different view on this

a little to me is like once in a long while like once in one chapter like it just slipped out or during an augment just a few times though out the book

medium when the cursing gets a bit iffy like a few times like every other chapter

a lot when i don't read the book examples every other word every chapter up to every sentence

i just don't read books where they character curse a lot if its only once in a while but if it seems like shes doing it all the time so please answer ASAP since i want to read books and this is one of my fav series

Also is the book dark? like scary ect..

Thanks!
              I think you read my post about cursing in the book. There not alot i guess i just noticed those small things sometimes it is a great read plan on reading it again this weekend

Comment

Working...
              X