Why would it kill Darryl??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would it kill Darryl??

princess4094@yahoo.comI don't understand why if Darryl found out that if he was a direct power from them, that it would kill him??

My understanding is that the power would be withdrawn becuase he woould no longer be a conduit for power and the loss of the power is what would kill him. he would not be a conduit any more because the knowledge that he was the conduit would make him an ineffictive one.

Comment

Hermione's answer makes much sense, that the withdrawal of powers is so great it may kill him...except it still leaves the question of WHY he must die if he is to find out, maybe because it's like how the younger wizards are strongest. This is because they aren't aware of their powers and limits. If Darryl is to find out that he's a direct power- conduit of the One, that he's got unbelievable powers... and that rather than having limits, he has NONE. It may kill him. Like Ronan with the Champion inside of him. If he finds out, he'll the let the Power inside of him free, and be burned from the inside by it's greatness. I dunno, this topic is very confusing. >.<

Comment

Wait.... HOLD IT!!! I thought ronan knew about the power inside him! He knows though, it says somewhere in the book. *looks around quickly for book* I think that it's not the withdrawl of the power that would kill him but what kaiba said about how he thinks that he has unlimited powers, so then he pushes the limits to far.
        sehlinger
        Not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost
        -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

i agree mostly with u guys....except i think itd kill darryl because if he knew, the lone one woulldd be able to control him even more, and the One can't risk that happening, so darryl would have to die...
          I love Boston...(I'm from there).I wonder if Nita and Kit will ever go there...

I just (made you, too) Lost The Game :D:D:D

Comment

Originally posted by samehl:
            I thought ronan knew about the power inside him!
            He knows, but he didn't know until Nita told him. After that, yes, he clearly knows, and isn't keen on the idea for a while, but he comes to terms with it by the time he's needed to carry the Spear.
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

maybe be it would kill him beacuse of all that power and thne he'd be aware of it. something could happen and if he tried to use it and knew he was using it... he might get a little over confident.

Comment

Originally posted by samehl:
                Wait.... HOLD IT!!! I thought ronan knew about the power inside him! He knows though, it says somewhere in the book. *looks around quickly for book* I think that it's not the withdrawl of the power that would kill him but what kaiba said about how he thinks that he has unlimited powers, so then he pushes the limits to far.
                sehlinger
                Not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost
                But Ronan's not an Abadal (I think that's how you spell it).

Just a run-of-the-mill guy with a Power that Is inside him.

Yeah. Run of the mill.

Comment

I've been operateing under the assumption that the reason the knowledge of what he (Darryl) is is that the knowlegde and sheer weight and importance of what he is would affect him so muct that it would kill him. Sort of like when people go into super mondo schock after recieving really, really bad news.

Am I operating under the wrong assumption?
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I always thought that becuase Darryl didn't know what he could and couldn't do, he could do anything. If that's confusing, sorry. But it's kind of like when you don't know what the rules are, you go ahead and break them without worrying.

And (I just thought of this) Darryl always seems really humble. He never thinks of himself as very powerful. So, if he found out he was an abdal, he'd probably go into shock or something. I think it's kind of a combination of what Caitlin said and what I just said. He would know that he was very powerful, and then he'd know what he could know, and that shock would kill him.

Confusing, I know, but it's the best I could do.

Sker'ret
                    Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

Comment

Originally posted by sker'ret:
                      I always thought that becuase Darryl didn't know what he could and couldn't do, he could do anything. If that's confusing, sorry.
                      Are you aiming at something like what my voice teacher calls "altophobia"- an alto's fear of heights. Like, for example, I can sing high if I don't know how high I'm singing, but as soon as I do know, it all falls apart. Like that?
                      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I thought Darryl knew that he was an abdal. When he met Nita and Kit on the moon he knew that he was still in his bed at home. Now I am really confused!
                        Dai stiho cousins
                        ~~~Ezra

Comment

Darryl thinks being able to be in two places at once is just an individual talent he has, while most wizards don't. See the explanation in that Moon scene you mentioned, in AWAl. He knows he can do it, he doesn't know that it means he's an abdal.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I'm soooo happy! I was rereading the books, as I often do, and in AWA this is what the manual said about abdals:

Abdals/"Pillars-This category of being created is independent of wizard status but still inclued because of the sharing of various functions and qualities across species and eschatological barriers. The sobriquet "Pillars" refers to the immense supportive strengh inherent in these creatures wherever they appear. The physical and spiritual structure of the Universe and its contents is strengthened againts the assaults of evil by the Pillars' presence, and weakened by their loss. While they occasionaly, abdals display no unuasal aptitude for the Art: Their value lies elsewhere. Their status comes from direct endowment by the One; their power is derived strictly from the incorrupt nature of their personality. Some have unusual abilities perception reaching into other universes, while still seeing the entire phsical universe as a mirage. Some have sufficient control over their physical natures to change their bodies at will, without recourse to normal wizardy, or to appear in two places at the same time...The pillars are rarely recognized as such by their contemporaries. Should they become conscious of their own status as abdals, the realization itself renders them ineffective in their role, which is to channel the One's power without obstrustruction into the strengthening of the world. Their portion of that power is then lost to the Worlds, and with its loss, the abdal dies.

So there you are. Discuss.

Comment

Well, I think that he would die because he was this tool that the whole universe depended on, and if he realized that he was an abdal, that power that he was channeling from the One would be lost. His incorrupt personality make him a perfect candidate for an abdal, and the realization that he was this conduct of the One, that it would disturb his innocence and no longer make him useful. And since he was so much a part of the power, that's what is whole life was about, he would die, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X