No announcement yet.

The Nature of Ponch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, Kaiba, your bringing up what Ponch said to Urruah, reminds me...

Aren't wizards supposed to be good with languages? I mean, sure, 'Mela is good at languages and not a wizard, but still...Also, The cats seem to think that the Ailurin language is pretty hard for other species to learn, due to all of those vowels.

His vocabulary seems to get bigger every book, too.

Just a thought...
    ---------------------------
    ~
    And we go on...

Comment

• We have all been trying to figure out what happening to Ponch but Ive just thought, maybe DD has not described whats happening to Ponch yet. Maybe he is something new?! Like in WA, DD explained about Darrel being a pilar. We just have to see if DD surgests something new in the up and coming books. Hopefully she will hint towards something?
      Fox
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• Think of it like this for a second.

What if possibly ALL dogs, or dogs with wizard owners have these abilities. Ponch has a relationship with Kit that most dogs, even dogs with wizard owners, don't have. What if it is just that Ponch is the first one to share these things with a human.

ex. Carl and Tom both replied that their dogs always "find stuff." What if Ponch is just the first dog to share this with his owner.

[sehlinger]
        -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

• Welcome Samehl, yes thats true we covered that point before and I dont think we came to an answer! I had forgot about that untill you mentioned it! But still the fact that Darrel in WA said that he could see what Ponch was becoming would mean to me that yes he is using his dog/with wizard asosiation abilities but also is becoming something else, something differant.
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• I dunno, Samehl... the thing is that Ponch isn't really doing what Annie and Monty are, which is "finding all sorts of wierd stuff" (paraphrased, somewhere in Dilemma) and dragging them around the garden until they beg for mercy, or whatnot () This finding behaviour is supposed to be very common in retrieving and herding type dogs- collies, sheep dogs, labs etc. (Apparently Ponch is mostly border collie with some german shepard?) So the Annie and Monty example doesn't really work because this seems to be an entirely new thing.

Of course, it could be something Annie and Monty do and, as you suggested, just don't tell Tom and Carl. On the other hand, given that wizardly leakage and its symptoms seems to have been studied somewhat I'd be surprised if this wasn't something new, I guess.

Of course, since I'm one of the new-or-changing-Order-of-Being people, I'm biased against.
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• i think i know now how ponch get's smarter. ponch seems to get smarter whenever he goes on a prolonged mission with kit like in dillema he suddenly was able to like travel universes. then in alome after the first mission with kit looking for darryl kit had said something about ponch learning compassion all at once.
              that's my new theory anyway
              (Honorary member of the Breaking then fixing chime foundation.)XD
              "Everyone has a sanity threshold after which they turn into Young Wizard fans and talk in topics like this all day and meet people like PM and Kathy and Gryphon and Caitlin and Lord o

Comment

• that sounds about right. i need to re-read AWA because i havn't read it for like a year.
                ------------------------------
                Footsteps in the snow
                suggest where you have been,
                point where you are going:
                but where they suddenly vanish,
                never dismiss the possiblity
                of flight....

Comment

Working...
                X