picture on cover of Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picture on cover of Alone

I thought I remembered that in one of the YW books, it was mentioned that Ponch was, at least part, border collie. On the cover of A Wizard Alone, he looks all chocolate lab. He could be part lab, but I would think that if he was mostly lab, as the picture suggests, he would be called part lab (as opposed to part border collie).

I'm pretty sure I remember Ponch being explicitly described as a lab/border collie mix. (Though I thought it was black lab for some reason.)

Comment

Somewhere in DW or HW ponch is described as being part german shepherd, but I don't know where. I named MY german shepherd Ponch. Unless I went Loco Nuts-Nuts, I named him that because I read Ponch was part german shepherd.

--Dai Stihó

- Michael Schermer, Skeptic Society

Today's Song Lyric:

This is your life, good to the last drop.
      It doesn't get any better than this.
      This is your life!
      (and it's ending one minuite at a time)

Comment

I do remember him being refered to a border collie but that picture doesn't look at all like my border collie.

1. Border Collies are long haired dogs, that dark isn't.
        2. Even if he was only half border collie I'd assume that he'd have some markings from a them
        ---
        seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

people have no fear princess_nita0 is here.Okay,ponch is on page 2 in DW and it says he was a large black-and-white dog,part border collie,part german shepherd,and part whatever.and the picture of the dog looks like a doberman pincer trust me it looks like one I'm going to be a vet when I grow up.But I was on amozon the other day cheaking up on other DD books when I enlarged the picture of A wizard alone book and saw the dog on that cover actually looks like the real ponch he's hairy.

chase604@hotmail.com

Comment

OPPS!actully the dog on the cover does look like a choclate lab you have to forgive me I didn't have my book with me I am way to sorry to write in words so

chase604@hotmail.com

Comment

I just read The Wizard's Dilemma again, and here's the quote about Ponch: "Does Ponch have any Labrador in him?" "Uh, there might be some in there."....."But he's mostly Border collie. Some German shepherd too." pages 62-63 if anyone's interested. Just now, I was looking for images of the various book covers online, and I found this: http://www.owlsprings.com/A_Wizard_A...gh_200x134.jpg. Ponch looks much more border collie in that one.

"The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but they haven't seen the joke yet."- Oliver Herford

Comment

Another Ponch sighting: on the cover for Wizard's Holiday, he does not look so labradorish. Hmm....

"The Irish gave the bagpipes to the Scots as a joke, but they haven't seen the joke yet."- Oliver Herford

Comment

michael, i think that u r wrong, ponch was discribed as being part border colie and part lab.
                  Chao

Comment

who knows....but he's cute!

------------------
                    If Wal-Mart keeps lowering its prices....then how come nothings free yet?

Comment

A Wizard Alone, page 13 semi-clearly states "Ponch, Kit's big black Labrador-c.u.m-Border-collie-c.u.m-whatever..." (I had to put in periods so I could use that word) which IMO is more reliable than the quote in Dilemma, because it's more technical-ish and it came later on (maybe DD changed her mind slightly inbetween books).

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
                      thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero.

Comment

Ponch is a sweetie! i wish he was one of my dogs! the only hing mine find r uaslly dead things lol
                        "Power of Water, Wind, and Earth,
                        Turn the spell back to its birth.
                        Raise the Fire to free the Lord
                        By the Power of Wood and Sword."
                        ~Patrica C. Wrede "The Enchanted Forest Chronicals"~

Comment

I don't think Ponch has to look exactly like the dog "parts". My dog is a lab-and-pointer mix, but he looks all lab. The only way you can tell he's got some pointer in him is the way he stands in the yard and, well, points. *shrugs* Then again, that's just my dog.
                          Metaphors be with you.

Comment

I'm in the middle of reading the seiries and It says lab border and he looks like german shepherd but sometimes dogs look different than their breed hey I have a lab sh-itzoo mix and she looks like a chow

Comment

I'm so weird.... even though there are those those short descriptions of him in the book, i still think of Ponch as a big wooly sheep dog.... that just seems his personality to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X