No announcement yet.

St. Clements (the drink)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, well, it's a bit of a joke because just about every Kiwi has cousins (or other relations, or friends) "Across the Ditch." I have four, plus an aunty, plus a cousin's baby which I think makes her a second cousin, plus a half uncle and his baby (Jackson. They were over here for Christmas. He's SO cute. ) Which is really quite a lot, by general standards!
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

"Across the Ditch"... sounds like the way use brits refer to the USA as being on "the other side of the pond"

I should point out that NZ/Aussie arguments as to who will win should they meet at the world cup are academic, as Enlgand are so going to win the world cup. (15-13 Kiwis....)
      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

I should point out that I was refering here to the Rugby (Union) World Cup.

Who cares which Oceanic country reaches the (soccer) world cup? You'd only get knocked out in the group stages..... (winding up, I know )
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

*bounces up and down angrily.* Damn you, damn you, damn you.
          Anyway, it doesn't matter what the heck happens to soccer... who wants to win a game when the goals are basically luck, and one per match to boot? Nobody.

As for the Cup... you're just cocky because Jonah's out. We will beat you. Next time.

And yeah, that's across the ditch's basic meaning. But we tend to have lots more cuzzies either side cause we're just a little closer. It has home-like connections.
          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

and rugby is any better???

Comment

Working...
            X