Other Documentation for the myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Documentation for the myth

So,I have to write a research paper on a myth from somewhere other than Greece or Rome, and I decidedto write it on the myth within A Wizard Abroad. So, seeing as I can't exactly use a work of fiction as one of my sources, I need some other sources.

So, my question is this: Has anyone found, in books or magazine articles or something, anything about the main myth in AWAb? I would really love to do this for my paper, and was hoping for some help from my wonderful YW forum-goers. ^_^
    ---------------------------
    ~
    And we go on...

It's essentially Celtic myth...any sort of Celtic mythology book should do fine. I'm sure others can suggest actual books.
    Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

cuChulainn is a pretty well-known mythical character, just about every mythology mentions him if they say anything else about celtic myth. He'd probably be a good thing to talk about
      "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Errrr, I went to Wikipedia and tapped in Irish mythology, and I think your magic Google phrases are: "Táin Bó Cuailnge" and "Ulster Cycle." Granted, this is based on five seconds of research, so you'll probably want to dig a bit more before trusting this information.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

It doesn't touch very heavily on the myth from AWA, but I recently read The High Deeds of Finn Mc Cool, by Rosemary Sutcliff, and really enjoyed it. You might want to look it up - the Spear Luin and Stone of Destiny have guest appearances. :-)
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

For anyone else interested in this topic, I did recently record a very good PBS series called, I believe, Discovering Ancient Irelandwhere they go through all of these truths about the sorts of legends that have popped in Ireland. The "Heroes" episode was particularly interesting. I couldn't tell you how to find out information about that. ^_^;; Sorry.
            ---------------------------
            ~
            And we go on...

Comment

Working...
            X