Ireland and Castles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ireland and Castles

I'm re-reading Abroad and I got stuck on this sentance, trying to figure out what it means

" and one the area senior,was located in a place called Castle Matrix. This impressed Nita,though not as much as it would have a couple weeks before,when she had thought that probably half the people in Ireland lived in old castles"

Wouldn't it impress her more now that she knows not everyone in ireland lives in old castles or am I just not picking up on somthing in the ways it's phrased?
    *Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*

I'm re-reading Abroad and I got stuck on this sentance, trying to figure out what it means

" and one the area senior,was located in a place called Castle Matrix. This impressed Nita,though not as much as it would have a couple weeks before,when she had thought that probably half the people in Ireland lived in old castles"

Wouldn't it impress her more now that she knows not everyone in ireland lives in old castles or am I just not picking up on somthing in the ways it's phrased?
    *Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*

Comment

Comment

If everyone lived in a castle, the castles would not be so interesting because wherever you looked there would be...A CASTLE!! The said buildings are cool because you don't see them every day. I think.

Perry, the odd
        Aspiring Jupitarian

Comment

Yeah it's kinda like how Disneyland US is all princesses and castles, but Disneyland Paris is cowboys and such

Comment

Even when you do see them every day castles are cool!

Though a lot of 'Castles' are more or less fortified houses. More mansion/palace than castle. Still impressive but not from the military aspect. They do tend to be falling down though. Equally the name Castle attached to something may just mean that there was a castle there at one point.

Sharon, who lives 10 minutes walk from the Chateau de la Malmaison and wants to steal Napoleon's library. Not the books, but the shelves...

Comment

The shelves????
              Wow.

The Battery Charged Eyeball and Totally demented Weirdo
              PerryTon

Comment

the shelves?????

Comment

Working...
                X