Chalice Designs/ Celtic Knotwork/ How to Draw a Spell Diagrams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalice Designs/ Celtic Knotwork/ How to Draw a Spell Diagrams

In AWAB, DD describes the knotwork designs on the rim of the chalice as 'spell diagrams of great power and age' I have been tinkering around for a while, and I could help anyone wanting to learn how to make spell diagrams. if anyone is interested, please post. if no-one is, i wont bother.

Spell Diagrams? Kool!=)

I k ow how 2 draw a spell circle but no spell diagrams! Maybe u could show a few pics! I also felt bad 4 u cuz there was another topic bout a high school project and was answered sooner! So throw a few spell diagrams, would u?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm kit, he said then. "Christopher, really, but I hate Christopher."
    "Nita," she said. "Its short for Juanita. I hate sthat, too. Listen--the trees are mad at you."
    Kit stared at her. "The trees?"-Rachel
    (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

iwantwizpod3's crash course in spell diagrams

all right! to practice a spell diagram, you need-
      graph paper. i always use the 1.75 lines per inch stuff downloadable from http://www.incompetech.com/graphpaper/plain/
      you will also need blank printer paper. note that you need to be able to trace through it.
      a pencil- no. 2 is fine
      please see my posts on how to draw a wizard's knot, at least untill i can get more diagrams on flickr.
      ps- thanks for the nomination

Comment

Ok if got the wizard's knot down! Now what?
        (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

You go out and buy this book and learn all about Celtic knotwork construction. (just kidding) But it's a fun way to go blind over graphic paper. I got completely hooked when I was still doing calligraphy.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Caligraphy!

Not to get off topic but I have always wanted to learn caligraphy but (1) my school does not provide caligraphy classes and (2) I can't afford the pen and inks. When I get a pen and ink, I don't only want 2 get 1 color but a tun

Anyways, how bout we get 2 the Celtic drawings b4 I go off in2 space

Comment

Originally posted by chocolate101 View Post
              Not to get off topic but I have always wanted to learn caligraphy but (1) my school does not provide caligraphy classes and (2) I can't afford the pen and inks. When I get a pen and ink, I don't only want 2 get 1 color but a tun

Anyways, how bout we get 2 the Celtic drawings b4 I go off in2 space
              Hay me botham, I have read your comment and i think you are keen interested in Calligraphy then why don't you opt for Calligraphy software? I think its most appropriate idea.
              botham

Comment

You don't need fancy pens to do caligraphy, as it's just a way of writing by hand. Sure, good pens and fine paper will make the results look better, but chisel ended felt pens are fine for practicing, and like all hand-and-eye arts, practice makes the difference.
                -- Rick.

Comment

Hehe! I haven't been on in so long and it's fun to see my old posts! Actually...

I now have a calligraphy pen set AND this year I bought a Wacom Tablet!!! It's one of those writing/designing/drawing surface tablets that you connect into your USB port and you can use touch sensitivity or a pen! Pen's my fave!

Comment

Working...
                  X