Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The paperback cover doesn't make sense to me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Okay, I'm just gonna post links.
    This is what the cover of MY So You Want To Be A Wizard book look like. Is this what everyone else is talking about???

This is my Deep Wizardry

High Wizardry

(just in case anyone's wondering, I'm also posting these as a frame of reference... so we won't have to try and remember what they heck they look like, and then get confused when we see a slightly different cover... at least for me, anyways. =P )

A Wizard Abroad
    EDIT:: Holy CRAP! I just looked two pages back, and realized this IS slightly different! Not all of the girl's face is visible in the cover I have! This one is FREAKY!!!! What the heck?!?!?!!!!! (I'm freakin out, mannnn!)

Wizard's Dilemma

A Wizard Alone

Wizard's Holiday

Wizards at War

Someone better freakin appreciate this.... cuz "wizard" sounds all funny in my head now, like there's three z's... lol
    Last edited by Wolf; January 22, 2010, 12:55:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SilveredBlue
    replied
    I know! Check out the SYWTBAW cover: what happened?

Nita looks totally different. I think this one is the worst: I actually don't mind the WD cover all that much, but this one I DO. :P

Leave a comment:

• Patty
    replied
    Same with my covers. It looks like they changed all the faces on every cover. I think it's especially noticeable on the Wizard's Dilemma cover. It just looks wrong.

Leave a comment:

• seabiscuit1009
    replied
    That really is weird! I have that cover, and Nita's face does not look like that on mine. I mean, I got mine four years ago, so I guess they could have changed it a little bit since then, but it still looks weird. When you search Google images, the "normal" version of that (aka the one I have, that is similar to that strange one) still shows up, but the altered copy shows up too. Strange!

Leave a comment:

• SilveredBlue
    replied
    All right. This is an old thread. Yeah. But I have to post before I pop from the info, and I didn't want to make a new thread since this one seems appropriate.
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COVER?!1!!1?? Look at Nita's face! That is not right!!!

I mean, I loved the cover that Eric posted, above, for a very long time, even though I didn't know what it meant. (I assumed it was Ronan/Kit holding up Nita during the re-enactment battle, since everyone was tired, and Nita was imploring Ronan to use the Spear. With Dairine stuck in there for some reason.)

But what happened here? I am flabbergasted: because on this site, where there's a review of the YW books, they have all the other covers and they all have
    THE SAME PROBLEM.

So either there's a new edition (s) out there, or someone digitally altered Kit's and Nita's faces in every single picture! I am horrified at the sacrilige!

But really: Why? What would be the point of making the covers subtly different?

Sorry if I ranted a little.

Leave a comment:

• christmas
    replied
    I think that the girl on the right is Nita, the guy is Ronan, and the other girl is Darine. I have no idea about the ships though...

Leave a comment:

• EricG1793
    replied
    The cat is Tualha, the kitten Bard.

Sorry about the one-liner. Although it's not a one-liner now.

Leave a comment:

• Gretchen
    replied
    Yeah that's the copy I have (or rather "have read" sense i dont yet own WAd). I never actually focused on the ships but I always wondered about the people. I didnt think about the cat either.

Leave a comment:

• EricG1793
    replied
    Try right-clicking the X and say "View Image", or something along the lines of that.

That's using Firefox, it's probably different for Internet Explorer or Safari or whatever you may use.

If you still can't see it then I'll give you a link to the page I find it at.

Leave a comment:

• Dragon Writer
    replied
    i hate to break it to you, eric, but all i'm getting is an x. and not even a big x! a small one! *might at some point look for it myself* when i have more time that is...*is trying to get through a whole weekend of posts currently*

Leave a comment:

• EricG1793
    replied
    Well I as the topic starter, the one who started all this discussion, am going to give you the image.

This is exactly the one that I have. Although right now I'm faintly remembering looking at this image (which is from YW.com, by the way, if you click on "A Wizard Abroad" it's displayed to the left of the book information) and looking at my own copy and going, "What? There are a few little things that are quite different!" Although I guess they used a different image, or I was looking a different one, because this one looks exactly like mine....

Leave a comment:

• Dragon Writer
    replied
    *still wants to actually SEE the cover* has anyone actually posted it here yet? cause i think i had the hard cover version. *hopes someone wil fulfill my wish and post it*

Leave a comment:

• Gretchen
    replied
    i never knew who the three people were either, though i always thought it was a pretty cover (love the colors).

I always assumed that it was Nita, Kit and I never had an idea who the third person was.

Leave a comment:

• spyells
    replied
    Originally posted by Caitlin:
    I was of the opinion that the cover image referenced Ronan's Ordeal, when he took in the sea to save those people from getting smooshed on the rocks. I haven't seen much of this new cover, I have them all in the last cover issues (well, the first four, anyway ) It does occur to me that the never covers are a bit more abstract (the ones since TWD came out) than the earlier ones. Those were much more literal; my copy of AWAb has Kit, Nita, and Dari with the Spear mold, Sugarloaf in the background, and assorted other things from the book.

PS- My copy smells really good, too.
    I thought that it represented Ronan's ordeal too. If I'm not mistaken he had to 'become the water' (It's been a while guys so bare with me) which was an impressive piece of wizardry from the sounds of it. I don't remember everything. I need to go look for my book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X